Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991 C2S Owner - Buying Process was Atrocious!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:35 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

The best call you made was leasing. You must have known!

I also came out of a CLS so I know where you've been!

Even though the GM called you back and blew sunshine up your a** don't lie on the survey. If you do you are just as bad as the kooks at the dealership. Like the other boys said that's the only way back into their pocketbook.

Excellent car and color! Enjoy and drive in good health.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:17 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You have just learned a valuable lesson,
ALL Dealerships are basically incompetant, only care about making as much money as they can and could not care a bit about what you want.
I had numerous problems with wrapping my new 981. Filled out the form from Porsche asking about the service and gave the lowest possiblle scores and layed out what happened. The next day, Service Manager called and said bring the car, back in and we wil fix the wrap.
Curiously, after that first service, with other services, I have recieved no questionaires from Porsche?
I had problems with ordering PTS, Business Manager, even though I paid cash on Delivery, my son had dropped me off and I called him and told him to turn around and pick me up, told Business Manager, when you solve your problems, I'll come back and give you the check. That seemed to solve al the problems!
Seriously, it doesn't matter what car brand you purchase, you cannot expect competant people working at these Dealerships at what they are paid.-Dick
Old 01-30-2014, 08:22 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Where I live Porsche calls you after your car has been delivered for feedback about the buying process and stuff. At the time of their call I was on holiday, explained the situation and I asked them politely to call me back when I was at home. Never heard from them again. So that makes me wonder, did they just leave it at that, or did they just enter some random numbers on my questionnaire ... whatever they did, I don't like either option ...
Old 01-30-2014, 09:39 AM
Spyder_Steph
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by budrichard
You have just learned a valuable lesson, ALL Dealerships are basically incompetant, only care about making as much money as they can and could not care a bit about what you want. I had numerous problems with wrapping my new 981. Filled out the form from Porsche asking about the service and gave the lowest possiblle scores and layed out what happened. The next day, Service Manager called and said bring the car, back in and we wil fix the wrap. Curiously, after that first service, with other services, I have recieved no questionaires from Porsche? I had problems with ordering PTS, Business Manager, even though I paid cash on Delivery, my son had dropped me off and I called him and told him to turn around and pick me up, told Business Manager, when you solve your problems, I'll come back and give you the check. That seemed to solve al the problems! Seriously, it doesn't matter what car brand you purchase, you cannot expect competant people working at these Dealerships at what they are paid.-Dick
Dick - I can not agree more to your last sentence. Everybody entering a car dealership should be well aware of this given fact!
Steph
Old 01-30-2014, 10:00 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

As soon as the BM started giving you the shaft you should have gotten up and walked out. Your feet are your most powerful tool in a car dealership.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:53 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread really makes me appreciate my dealer. Finally found one who doesn't always treat me like an object of their casual amusement. It's nice.

sent with iOS using Rennlist
Old 02-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 295 Posts

Is the OP going to wuss out and not give us the dealer name?

Last edited by Patriot; 02-01-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:23 AM
jdthor
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Four years ago I drove by the Porsche dealership and test drove a new Cayman. This was an unplanned stop and for some reason I must not have looked like a serious customer because no one seemed interested in trying to sell me the car. I passed on the car and later told my friend and broker about the weird experience. He knows the owner, passed that on to his friend and that night the owner called me at home and sold me the car at 2% above my offer. I picked it up the next morning at 8AM. I have purchased 3 Porsches from them in 4 years, now driving a 991S. I get fine service from the dealership, the salesmen know me, and the owner is a casual friend. The weird thing is that they never think to call me when a new model comes to them. for example, when I bought the 991 a year ago I told them I would love to trade it for the turbo when it became available.....well, guess what, they got a turbo a month ago, it is still sitting in the showroom, and no one has bothered to call me. Go figure. The local Mercedes dealer calls me anytime they get a car they think I would like, and sometimes I buy and sometimes I test drive and don't buy, and sometimes I just tell them I'm not interested. No pressure ever. But at least they call.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Magnus357
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
Pretty much.

In our litigious society, I have to protect myself.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

After I purchased my 991, I stopped at the dealer to ask a question about the nav system on my car - salesman didn't know the answer. In conversation I also asked if they sold my M3 trade. Answer was yes, to a local buyer & he loves it!

My M3 really went to auction & saw it listed for sale at a BMW dealer in Chicago (I live in Seattle).

The salesman was a water boy.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:06 PM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
It's pretty much implied in both this thread and OP's other one if you really want to know. There's three dealers in Houston, do the math.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:42 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

More and more dealers are moving toward female FM/BM's. I guess they have a friendlier and kinder face that make it easier to push un-needed stuff and move the numbers.

Enjoy your car, it is beautiful.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:45 PM
roadrat
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm in Houston and had a good buying experience.

'course the dealership I bought from was in Louisiana.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:56 PM
red route 1
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 17 Posts

FWIW, I have had nothing but great buying experiences in Houston at the North store. That said, clearly this was not a good one and ultimately it is the individuals we deal with, not just the culture/mentality of the dealership, that drives the experience.

It sounds like someone made a mistake on the money factor and then tried to cover their tracks ... I give you credit for being rational and not walking ... you have a beautiful car as a result.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:44 PM
MrOutside
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnus357
Pretty much. In our litigious society, I have to protect myself.
Truth is an absolute defense against libel. :-).

No matter what, you still have a great car, dealer be damned!

Quick Reply: New 991 C2S Owner - Buying Process was Atrocious!