991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991 Discounts in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm in Houston too. Second Porsche since I've been in TX and second time I bought from my FL dealer. It's a sad state of affairs when you feel more comfortable kicking tires in the local Ferrari dealer than you do going in checkbook in hand to buy a Porsche.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Magnus357
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 008
I'm in Houston too. Second Porsche since I've been in TX and second time I bought from my FL dealer. It's a sad state of affairs when you feel more comfortable kicking tires in the local Ferrari dealer than you do going in checkbook in hand to buy a Porsche.
I completely agree.

I bought a Lexus and my current CLS550 from Dallas. More inventory, easier to deal with dealers, and not really that far away. I use the, "I will buy in Dallas" as a threat when the time is right with these crappy Houston dealers.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Rennlist Member

I won't bore you with my stories of how bad the Houston Porsche dealers are as it seems everything (especially on the internet?) is negative these days but I'll share a great story from Ferrari of Houston. I had some time to kill and thought I'd stop in as I haven't seen the new F12 yet and wanted see how it worked in the real world. After checking out the cars for a few minutes I was approached by a you salesmen who couldn't have been nicer. After chatting a few minutes he offered to show me around further. He then proceeded to take me through every inch of the dealership to show me cars including the Risi competitions race team area. I sat in a 458gt an Enzo, and an F12. Great day, great dealership. In contrast the a Porsche west salesman told me to give my order as quickly as possible as he had another client coming by that made $60mm per month and wouldn't waste his time negotiating price.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:54 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

West side and momentum are both sonic and unfortunately lame. North is small independent dealer but offers good service.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:48 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 008
I won't bore you with my stories of how bad the Houston Porsche dealers are as it seems everything (especially on the internet?) is negative these days but I'll share a great story from Ferrari of Houston. I had some time to kill and thought I'd stop in as I haven't seen the new F12 yet and wanted see how it worked in the real world. After checking out the cars for a few minutes I was approached by a you salesmen who couldn't have been nicer. After chatting a few minutes he offered to show me around further. He then proceeded to take me through every inch of the dealership to show me cars including the Risi competitions race team area. I sat in a 458gt an Enzo, and an F12. Great day, great dealership. In contrast the a Porsche west salesman told me to give my order as quickly as possible as he had another client coming by that made $60mm per month and wouldn't waste his time negotiating price.

I didn't know the $60 million/month crowd bought Porsches any longer.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kosmo
West side and momentum are both sonic and unfortunately lame. North is small independent dealer but offers good service.
Unfortunately North is now apart of the Indigo group.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
I didn't know the $60 million/month crowd bought Porsches any longer.
One of the many outrageous lies I heard in a relatively short span from the salesman. Did you know you had to order the premium package or the system wouldn't accept the order? Did you also know you have to order full leather and multiple leather packages to get yachting blue? Did you know that the Houston dealerships were invited to a press release in Vegas where they set up a full scale version of Sebring with cones and that particular salesman was hitting 205+ mph on the straights in the turbo? Ignorant scumbags, every one. The lazy eyed one at one of them told my wife that the Cayenne Diesel is getting a $10k premium throughout the US, but could sell one at five over as a special deal.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I have learned that there are dumb salesmen for every product sold and you just have to learn how to tolerate them in order to find the ones worth dealing with. Buying a car can be a fun experience and a very simple one if you deal with the right person. I bought my car over the phone, flew down, went over the car and drove it back. Any Porsche dealer can service it and Porsche wants every car service done right no matter where you bought it and negative service reviews can have tough ramifications to the dealership.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Magnus357
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, I closed the deal on the lease yesterday.

Unbelievably, the whole process went worse than I ever thought it could!

I've documented my experience in the thread below.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7972...atrocious.html
Old 01-28-2014, 10:41 PM
Happy911S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 997 C2S and wanted to get my wife a P car for Christmas. I bought her a 2013 Boxster S from Porsche North Houston with the understanding that I could return if she did not like it. I paid for it three days ealier but took delivery on the 24th. When I gave it to her on Christmas Eve she did not like the color so I retunred it the day after Christmas and was told that I could not get the taxes back ($4K) becasue they were already paid to the State. I later found out that the taxes were not paid to the State until Jan. 8th. I still do not have my money more than one month later. So in Houston it is "Buyer beware"!

Quick Reply: New 991 Discounts in Texas