Sponsored by:

First (minor) mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Default First (minor) mods

The first one was a 3M Expel wrap; windshield forward plus mirrors. (It came with the factory shields in front of the rear wheel wells.) That white stuff on the hood is snow. Second item was to swap the orange corner light lenses for clear; an absolute requirement on black cars. Finally, I thought all the writing on the rear end was too busy. I decided to remove the Porsche letters but leave the model designation; kind of "old school" IMO. Next will be to tint the windows. I have had some degree of tint on my cars for twenty years and feel naked without it. Pics below.
Several of you asked me, in my introduction thread, to contrast my '09 997TT with the '14 C4S. After driving the new car for a few weeks, a friend and fellow car guy asked me what the new car did better. I thought for a moment and then honestly answered "Everything. Except for the torque rush the TT gives on boost." However, I am not sure it is fair to compare a new car with one five years old. That is an eternity in the automotive world.
Attached Images    
Old 01-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great! I think the perfect level of tint is what comes standard on rear windows of Cayenne, sorry, can't remember the percentage but the dealer will know.

I agree about the Turbo rush...I remember it fondly from my 993 TT, but that said I think the specs all say the new C4S outperforms that Turbo on all counts. I do also have a 957 Cayenne TTS, and that reminds me every time I roll on from 60 to 90 mph.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:23 PM
MrOutside
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks great! Just out of curiosity, how did you remove the P O R S C H E letters, and can you put them back on at a later date? I think the rear looks too busy with all that !advertising'. My car is white, so I was thinking about plastic-dip in black, but I like the simpler look.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

I used a non wax dental floss between the letter and the paint then gently pulled the letter off. I then rolled the residual adhesive off. Next, I used a little Goo Gone to get the remaining sticky stuff off. Just make it shine like new, I then clayed and waxed the area. This is the third P car I have done this to. A point of caution: be careful when rolling/peeling the adhesive or you may make swirl marks on the paint. With one vehicle, I could not get the site completely clean so I had my detailer wet sand then wax and buff. It worked great. Good luck, just take your time and be careful. The letters are not reusable.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:18 PM
MrOutside
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

thanks! sounds like a winter-time mod.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:00 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

I was considering removing the "PORSCHE" lettering, but I've done it before, and it wasn't easy without a heat-gun and careful working, and still left some residue. Plus, although I like how yours looks, I am just too ana1 to leave the C4S where it is... I feel it needs to move a bit higher if you've removed the other lettering.

So I plastidip'd instead this time....

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-22-2014, 09:51 AM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

That black looks good on silver. On my TT, I had it paint to match; black/black.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Default Tinted

I had the tint applied Feb. 10th. The weather has been horrible and I have been too busy to take any "posed" photos. I randomly shot this walking to my car last night after work. It's an iPhone shot with flash, made in the parking garage with some fluorescent ambient lighting, in other words; low quality. The tint is 3M ceramic based and allows 35% of visual light while blocking 80% IR, 99% UV, and 59% total heat. I prefer a visually lighter tint and, as a bonus, it is also legal in my state (as opposed to my 958). The tint appears darker here than it actually is.
Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2014, 07:32 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the tints! Car looks great!

Quick Reply: First (minor) mods