Sponsored by:

RennFax in Plano, TX

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 12:24 AM
walterwu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RennFax in Plano, TX

Any Rennlisters in the Dallas/Fort Worth who can tell me about the 2012 C2S at Porsche of Plano? The red on black one with the techart spoiler and the HRE wheels? I've been trying to arrange a remote PPI (I'm in California) but the dealer won't release the car to RAC or Autoscope to perform a full PPI. Any info or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Walter
Old 01-18-2014, 12:57 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by "
I've been trying to arrange a remote PPI (I'm in California) but the dealer won't release the car to RAC or Autoscope to perform a full PPI. Any info or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Walter
Be careful. That's not a good sign. Proceed with caution.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:16 AM
walterwu
Advanced

Originally Posted by LexVan
Be careful. That's not a good sign. Proceed with caution.
Thanks, LexVan.

Is it a common practice for a dealer to let the indie shop pick it up, PPI it, and bring it back? Do I typically have to put a deposit down with the dealer, or provide anything else to make it happen? The dealer told me they would allow a mobile PPI, but won't release the car for an offsite inspection.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:30 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Call Owen Ford, fly down, get it done, pay, and go home. I have bought long distance from them before. He will tell you everything and get the ppi for piece of mind , is it CPO?
Old 01-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Samp4
Racer

Not ash any dealer but I live a few miles from them and bought from a dealer 20 miles away. Pm if you want more info
Old 01-19-2014, 01:31 PM
walterwu
Advanced

Originally Posted by fastmd
Call Owen Ford, fly down, get it done, pay, and go home. I have bought long distance from them before. He will tell you everything and get the ppi for piece of mind , is it CPO?
Yes, it's a CPO, but the funny thing is that it has an aftermarket spoiler and aftermarket wheels. I thought such cars could not get CPO'ed. Even if they can be, if these parts result in carve-outs from the warranty, I wouldn't want an axle/suspension problem to develop of and have my local dealer say it's not covered because of the aftermarket wheels.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:16 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

If CPO is important to you, make absolutely sure it is and will still be a CPO after you buy it. I ran into an issue where another brand dealer was selling a supposedly CPO 991 but when I looked into it and asked Porsche, it wasn't, and they were going to follow up and insist that particular vehicle stop being marketed as a CPO. AFAIK and was told, CPO status can only be transferred from a certified Porsche dealer or a private seller directly to an individual buyer. Do your own due dilligence, but there is much confusion out there about this. AFAIK and have been told, and backed up with lengthy email correspondance from a Porsche dealer, Billy Bob's Hyundai & Subaru can't sell a "CPO" Porsche on their used car lot.

Quick Reply: RennFax in Plano, TX