Sponsored by:

LED Clear Corners w/Amber LED's

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
We sell them to guys in Europe who want their cars to look more American.
A little off topic, but .... in my NSX days, many USA owners replaced the Acura "A" & put a Honda "H" badge on the nose (like me).

In Japan they all want the opposite to be like the USA.

Last edited by Hothonda; 01-18-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:55 AM
DAlex
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New LED's Won't Fit!

Mine arrived today. Cannot get them to fit on my '14 C2S. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Old ones pop out but new ones won't snap in. Anybody else have trouble?
Old 03-11-2014, 04:36 AM
kitwetzler
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DAlex
Mine arrived today. Cannot get them to fit on my '14 C2S. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Old ones pop out but new ones won't snap in. Anybody else have trouble?
The clips are a little different. I hooked the back end first and then pushed towards the rear of the car, which gave enough clearance for the front tab to slip in. It's a little counter intuitive, you naturally put the front end first, but that's not how I got them in.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:42 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DAlex
I just installed mine. The secret is to line the front notch in the light unit with the guiding hole on the car. Then use a screwdriver to compress the retaining metal clip on the back of the light unit and press into place. just make sure the front notch is in place, compress clip and it clicks right in.

cheers and good luck
Old 01-13-2016, 01:10 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

An old thread but I just installed mine from Suncoast. As others have noted in some other threads, it is not quite as easy as shown on the Suncoast video, as over time, the OEM ones get kinda stuck.

But the advice above is correct. You don't need to remove the headlights. All you do is pull the OEM units towards the rear of the car, then tilt the front corner towards you. Best to do it with bare fingers, but it does require more force than you might think.

The wiring harness on my car was very short as well, with very little slack. But I didn't need any screwdriver to get the plug off the OEM unit. The wiring plug has a kind of rocker tab on it, closest to the wire side and away from where it plugs into the light assembly. Just press it down and it will release the plug. Then just push the plug into the new unit.

Install it in the reverse of removal. Engage the back end first, push towards the rear of the car to compress the spring, and then press the front into place. Once it's flush, push the unit forward to be sure it's engaged and the rear edge flush with the wheel arch.

I like the look! Wish I had done it sooner.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:44 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexVan
Just an FYI. There are now available from Sunset.

These are clear front corners, with amber LED lights. Price is about $48.50 each from Sunset (Phil Coy- 503-641-8600). They are currently on back order for about 3 weeks.

Part numbers:

991 631 256 05 (left)
991 631 255 05 (right)

Placed my order yesterday!
Got mine form Suncoast and will be installing them tomorrow. I love the look of them.

Quick Reply: LED Clear Corners w/Amber LED's