Sponsored by:

Xpel vs Suntek

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 09:44 PM
AlbertC4S
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Xpel vs Suntek

It is universal on my search of the blog that Xpel is superior but for those with experience using both films what about considering price? Job on my C4S with Xpel is $1,125 vs $850 Suntek.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:09 PM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Can't really compare them, but I'm very happy with the look and performance of the Suntek on my car. My installer prefers it also.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Samp4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Suntek on my wife's car. It is 2 years old and still looks new. I have Xpel on my car and it looks a little better. It is 2 months old. I understand the difference is in a few years Suntek may start to fade. The Xpel will not. The other difference is the self healing of the Xpel. From a demo the installer did it really works and others have said the same thing. If you plan to keep the car for several years the Xpel is the way to go. A 2 year lease probably doesn't matter.

The main thing is to wrap the entire panels and don't have seams from a partial hood or fender job. Some say to have a complete custom wrap instead of a template but I found a guy that did mine and I really have to look to find the 'template'. Make sure your installer is great and the template is less of an issue.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:52 AM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthracite4sCab
I have Suntek on my wife's car. It is 2 years old and still looks new. I have Xpel on my car and it looks a little better. It is 2 months old. I understand the difference is in a few years Suntek may start to fade. The Xpel will not. The other difference is the self healing of the Xpel. From a demo the installer did it really works and others have said the same thing. If you plan to keep the car for several years the Xpel is the way to go. A 2 year lease probably doesn't matter.

The main thing is to wrap the entire panels and don't have seams from a partial hood or fender job. Some say to have a complete custom wrap instead of a template but I found a guy that did mine and I really have to look to find the 'template'. Make sure your installer is great and the template is less of an issue.
Not sure what kind of SunTek you have, but my SunTek is self-healing also.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Samp4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I remember he said that the one he installed was not. Maybe before the self healing or maybe I got a lower level or maybe I am just wrong but that is what I remembered.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:41 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default XPEL Questions

Originally Posted by AlbertC4S
It is universal on my search of the blog that Xpel is superior but for those with experience using both films what about considering price? Job on my C4S with Xpel is $1,125 vs $850 Suntek.
AlbertC4S,

A couple things to consider. When comparing the most expensive and least expensive films on the market, you might be interested to learn that the difference in film cost for a typical front end coverage is only about $25. A large range in pricing quotes is almost always due to differing labor rates. If you’re getting quotes that vary that much from one install shop to the next, ask to see examples of each of their work to find out why one commands a much higher price. This will help make sense of the cost difference.

When comparing the two films specifically, in XPEL ULTIMATE you are getting a product that is 30% thicker, and comes with double the warranty life at 10 years.

Ask the installers which pattern program they are using for the precut templates as well, as there is a large quality spectrum when it comes to the quality of fit.

Quick Reply: Xpel vs Suntek