Help requested - want to lease a new 991

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Parkandride
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help requested - want to lease a new 991

Hello,

Please forgive me if any information is elsewhere in the forum. I was hoping to get some insight.

I'm interested in a 24 month lease of a 991 base with 12,000 miles/year. 2013 is fine (if that is possible). I can't really afford to go very option heavy, but do need PDK. It seems discounts on MSRP range from 7 to 17% at the extreme high end. Color is not particularly important, but I prefer black. It seems like a suitable model would be right around $90k. I would prefer no money down.

Can someone recommend the best place to start?

A dealership will be limited to the stock they have on hand, correct? Can I potentially order from any dealership nationwide?

With 12k miles/year residual value should be around 63%?

Essentially what is the best way to go about leasing a very basic 991? Are auto brokers helpful? I don't mind waiting - should I wait for a certain special or timeframe?

I am in SoCal. Thanks in advance for any tips!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Flowmacks
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

63% is probably about right on a '13. I was quoted %62 on a C2S Cab last week and they're always a few points lower. Haven't seen any '13 C2 base cars out there, and with the residuals on the '14's 8-10 points higher you may be better off targeting a '14 that you like.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Parkandride
7th Gear

Thanks for the reply. So are you saying the residuals on a 2014 are between 71-73%? I only said 2013 because I thought it would be less expensive to lease.

I suppose this would also mean there would be less discount on MSRP than the 7-17% I mentioned. Any idea what I could expect?
Old 01-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Flowmacks
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Parkandride
Thanks for the reply. So are you saying the residuals on a 2014 are between 71-73%? I only said 2013 because I thought it would be less expensive to lease.

I suppose this would also mean there would be less discount on MSRP than the 7-17% I mentioned. Any idea what I could expect?
Yes, they should be in the low 70's unless they've changed something with the Q1 program.

Several posters here have gotten 6-7% on custom orders, so I would assume you could do better on a car off the lot.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:43 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You can also find good leasing discussion over on the Edmunds townhall site. Porsche fixes the residual based on model / lease length / mileage. There is a base rate for the Money factor (interest rate) - but some dealers try to up charge. This may be offset by a bigger discount on the car price so you just have to run the numbers.

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion...-questions/p34
Old 01-05-2014, 11:21 AM
PeterC4
Advanced

You want to get the residual value as high as possible as that will help reduce monthly payments. Leasing has its virtues...it helps alleviate residual value risk. Even when you pay cash depreciation is costing you.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:42 PM
kitwetzler
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterC4
You want to get the residual value as high as possible as that will help reduce monthly payments. Leasing has its virtues...it helps alleviate residual value risk. Even when you pay cash depreciation is costing you.
Residual is non-negotiable. They took a huge dive Nov-> Dec so the 13s are looking pretty bad right now, for leases, despite the huge savings.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:13 AM
PeterC4
Advanced

Originally Posted by kitwetzler
Residual is non-negotiable. They took a huge dive Nov-> Dec so the 13s are looking pretty bad right now, for leases, despite the huge savings.
Technically maybe not, but if the residual amount is in the 63% range, based on list price, then buyers should consider the kind of discount they might negotiate on the in-going capital cost. If it is actually 63% of the discounted amount, then you have to be careful to understand both amounts - they will ultimately impact the NPV on the lease and the payments, assuming competitive interest costs.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:09 AM
DvidzBlk991
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Parkandride
Hello,

Please forgive me if any information is elsewhere in the forum. I was hoping to get some insight.

I'm interested in a 24 month lease of a 991 base with 12,000 miles/year. 2013 is fine (if that is possible). I can't really afford to go very option heavy, but do need PDK. It seems discounts on MSRP range from 7 to 17% at the extreme high end. Color is not particularly important, but I prefer black. It seems like a suitable model would be right around $90k. I would prefer no money down.

Can someone recommend the best place to start?

A dealership will be limited to the stock they have on hand, correct? Can I potentially order from any dealership nationwide?

With 12k miles/year residual value should be around 63%?

Essentially what is the best way to go about leasing a very basic 991? Are auto brokers helpful? I don't mind waiting - should I wait for a certain special or timeframe?

I am in SoCal. Thanks in advance for any tips!
My 2 cents:
- Residual on my brand new Black 2014 C2 PDK I think was 74%.-- 10K Miles/year, 27 month lease
- Discounts vary from region to region and from dealership to dealership.
I'm also in Southern California, where discounts aren't the best IMO, and I got 5% off my ordered C2. Buying something off the lot often times will get you a better price than placing an order. However by placing an order you can get exactly what you want and not pay for all the VERY expensive Porsche options that you don't really want or need. With an order though comes a wait. For example I had to wait 3 months to get my car.
-You can order from any dealership nationwide but you will have to pay that shipping cost most likely to have it delivered to you. Its better if your going to order a car, to order it from a local dealership.
-Often times the end of the month and particularly the end of the year are good times to purchase a car off the lot. When ordering a car timing doesn't play too much into the equation.
-Money Factor is also a very important piece of the puzzle in determining your lease payment as well.
-Good credit never hurts either,,,
Hope that was helpful..Good luck with your purchase.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 AM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

24k miles in 2 years will be a substantial increase to the cost equation.

Quick Reply: Help requested - want to lease a new 991