Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First post! Hello + can performance exhaust be added after the fact?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 11:11 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djskimo
Hello!

I am moving from a BMW (temporarily ) to Porsche and in that "research / obsession" phase. This site has been extremely helpful.

Does anyone know if the sports exhaust option can be added after the fact?

Story:
I test drove two cars: 991s PDK cabrio and 991 Manual 4s. I am coming from an M3 manual tranny.

This is my first Porsche experience and it was rather interesting. I was not all that excited after test driving the 4S manual. I was a bit let down as I had super high expectations going in. The car was planted firmly and was exceptional in turns, but the power wasn't there, and the engine drama was lacking. Then I test drove the PDK cabrio.

.... I was blown away.

Turns out the 991s had the sports exhaust along with chrono package and other sports options. I feel that the sports exhaust coupled with the PDK made a world of a difference. The drama was definitely there and it almost made it feel like a real sports car. I am still not sure if its the 4s vs s, or the sports options added or the PDK that made the difference, but I am 100% certain I need to get that sports exhaust option.

Unfortunately, I am looking for a car quickly (no time to order) and most of the cars I am finding don't have the sports exhaust option. Is this something that can be installed? I found one post on this forum about someone who did but wasn't completely sure. Any idea of costs?

Thanks!
Yes it can be added later. Check out AWE for your aftermarket sports exhaust. Unreal system. I just bought one for my GTS that isn't even here yet lol

Quick Reply: First post! Hello + can performance exhaust be added after the fact?