Sponsored by:

Lease End Residual Value Negotiations

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Kathuat
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lease End Residual Value Negotiations

I have leased a 991S for 24 months with 74% residual value at the end of lease. I have a few questions to folks who have leased before:

1. Does Porsche Financial Services (PFS) or the dealer you return the car to negotiate buyouts lower than the residual value at the lease end?

2. Also, if you need a few more months to buy a new car would PFS allow you to extend the lease by 4-6 months?

Trying to make sure I plan and be prepared in anticipation of my lease return.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:05 PM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In general (note I have never dealt directly with PFS before) the leasing company will not negotiate residual value. Only exception might be if they really, really screwed up on their estimate, the market is flooded, and they would rather not have your car back. Just keep in mind that the residual is one of the major components of any lease deal, is not negotiable at the front end, and is set to favor the lease company.
I've never heard of a lease extension before so if you think that's even a remote possibility, you need to get something in writing up front, do not depend on what a dealership person tells you.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:22 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you order your next Porsche they will extend the lease until the car arrives, so long as you don't exceed the milage constraint (prorate @ 5k miles / year)
Old 11-05-2013, 05:25 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by MerlinsGarage
If you order your next Porsche they will extend the lease until the car arrives, so long as you don't exceed the milage constraint (prorate @ 5k miles / year)
Does PFS extend it at the same monthly rate you're already paying, and are you saying that the original mileage allowance is not prorated for the extra months until the new Porsche comes in?

It will be interesting to see what PFS does with all the base 991's next year, that had very high residuals in order to keep the monthy rates down and to move inventory.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:57 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same monthly rate and additional milage based on 5k/year, it's not going to be more than a couple of months wait time.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:05 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Good to know....thanks!

Quick Reply: Lease End Residual Value Negotiations