Sponsored by:

For those with the center cup and iphone 5

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Naushaud
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those with the center cup and iphone 5

I can't take the credit for this as I found it from another user on this forum but have been using this for the past couple of weeks and really does work great. Obviously if you have a manual it won't work but otherwise doesn't get in the way of your arm and the phone stays in there snug, even under very spirited driving.

I used felt furniture tape and in person doesn't look bad aesthetically at all, really not that noticeable (I'm a little on the **** side too). Anyway thought I'd pass the idea around.
Attached Images   
Old 10-23-2013, 02:00 AM
Harold1898
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Innovative but with blue tooth I just leave it in my pocket. Now if someone could figure out how to store a sun glass case that would really be worthwhile.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:16 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Thanks for posting! During my test drive, I did not know where to put my phone and thought, what a miss from Porsche not to make it fit your standard cell phone / iPhone for that matter.. Here they are adding iPad connectors and cell phone connectors but did not think the center console thru enough that it will not even fit an iPhone. Let alone a Samsung Glaxy.

I will try this out when I get my car.. this looks like a great solution.

btw.. what is that pocket supposed to be for? your house keys?
Old 10-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Viper3838
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one of these for my phone. It works good for me and keeps my phone in a great position when I am driving. The only thing that I don't like is that the cigarette lighter power stays on even when the car shuts off. I had to take the fuse out of the phone charger so that the power does not stay on, so now it is only good for holding the phone unless I really need to charge my phone then I will have to put the fuse back in.
Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2013, 03:17 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I put both the sunglass case and my phone in the driver's door pocket that's at the front of the door so to speak.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Naushaud
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Explorer7
Thanks for posting! During my test drive, I did not know where to put my phone and thought, what a miss from Porsche not to make it fit your standard cell phone / iPhone for that matter.. Here they are adding iPad connectors and cell phone connectors but did not think the center console thru enough that it will not even fit an iPhone. Let alone a Samsung Glaxy.

I will try this out when I get my car.. this looks like a great solution.

btw.. what is that pocket supposed to be for? your house keys?
Great question, loose change I guess? The pocket is pretty small, but this solution works so well almost glad i overlooked the smoker's package. I guess that is until they change the shape of the iphone.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 AM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John 996 TT Cab
I put both the sunglass case and my phone in the driver's door pocket that's at the front of the door so to speak.
I keep forgetting to use the door pockets and always have to juggle phone, keys & glasses. Thanks for reminding me!

Quick Reply: For those with the center cup and iphone 5