PSE question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 12:58 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default PSE question

I just had PSE installed on my base Carrera at my local dealer ... it sounds great, of course.

However, I noticed this morning that it only works in Sport or Sport Plus mode regardless of the switch position. In other words, if you are not in Sport or Sport Plus, you can press the button all you want and the light will go on or off but no burbles and crackles for you.

Is that how it is from the factory?

I am in Sport mode 90 percent of the time anyway, but if my wife is in the car I leave it in regular so the downshifts are not so ... well, sporty. Less violent. LOL

But I still want to hear that PSE.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Vic- you are correct...I have found the difference not very noticeable unless you switch to Sport or Sport Plus. Mine is factory installed.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:34 PM
ScorpionT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats an unfortunate part about the PSE. The only real option is to get an aftermarket remote for the valves or a different exhaust altogether.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Not the case in my car, I have PSE from factory, and if I press the button I have the lovely PSE sound without Sport or Sport Plus mode.
Now if PSE is off and I press Sport or Sport Plus, than PSE is automatically selected, and you can deselect it if you want.
Basically I can run PSE without Sport and can run SPORT and Sport Plus without PSE if I so desire.

The Coasting fundtion is the one that bugs me because it only works if you do not suppress the start and stop function.

Go back to your dealer and test drive a car with PSE from factory! Maybe he forgot to code something in your car, or maybe something changed, mine is a MY2012 C2S.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:27 PM
JamesKen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can hear the PSE if I push the button even if I am not in sport or sport plus but the difference is not very big and at first I was disappointed. Now push sport plus and the pops and gurgles at down shifts and the roar above 5,000 rpm is pretty impressive.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:39 PM
c4-toy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just tried it on my S today, turned on PSE w sport chrono OFF and you can hear the exhaust note change. Then turn on sport chrono w pse and i could swear its a bit more throaty. Or is that the sound imposer? Either way its a bit more exhaust tone w sport and PSE ON.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Amalgam
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone had this installed or had considered this X-Pipe on their base Carrera (no PSE)?

https://www.fabspeed.com/carrera_991_16.html
Old 10-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Drive through a Parking garage or Tunnel open your windows and test it. In my car there is no difference between PSE on with or without sport/sport plus on.
Again, as I turn PSE on, no matter which mode I am in, the sound just changes and I have all the pops and gurgles, and it is loud. Louder would be obnoxious.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:06 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 451 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Augustomf
Drive through a Parking garage or Tunnel open your windows and test it. In my car there is no difference between PSE on with or without sport/sport plus on. Again, as I turn PSE on, no matter which mode I am in, the sound just changes and I have all the pops and gurgles, and it is loud. Louder would be obnoxious.
+1 parking garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist

Quick Reply: PSE question