Sponsored by:

Crazy Question Re 50th Configuration

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 09:05 PM
911sanantone
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crazy Question Re 50th Configuration

Here is a question with no right or wrong answer but would love some thoughts. I am ordering a 50th anniversary (PDK/SPASM). I am left with the following decision. Do I add PDCC or Burmester ? I am trying to have some degree of self control so only one or none of these.
If no Burmester, I would get the Bose system. Thoughts?
Thanks....

Last edited by 911sanantone; 09-14-2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 911sanantone
Here is a question with no right or wrong answer but would love some thoughts. I am ordering a 50th anniversary (PDK/SPASM). I am left with the following decision. Do I add PDCC or Burmester ? I am trying to have some degree of self control so only one or none of these.
If no Burmester, I would get the Bose system. Thoughts?
Thanks....
It depends on what you are planning to do with the car and if you enjoy good sound. Is it a daily driver?, are planning to track the car?

Personally I would go for the Burmerster in this case. The car without PDCC already has very little bodyroll, especially with the SPASM, so the PDCC is not really a must have, although it seems that it can make the car slightly more comfortable. (Didn't really notice it when I drove a car with PDCC, but that's maybe because I haven't driven it on bad road surfaces).
The Burmester of course, is also not a must have, but It sounds really, really nice and is definitely worth the money, if you like decent sound quality in your car.

If it is not a daily driver and you are not planning to track the car a lot, I would probably pass on both options and also on the Bose, which is nothing very special and IMO not worth the money.

Suzy991
Old 09-14-2013, 11:31 PM
911sanantone
Instructor

Good points. This will not be a track car and will only be driven on weekends. I am an audiophile but in that this will only be driven on weekends I am thinking twice about the Burmester. I have not driven a 991 with PDCC so I am not sure what it adds. I had it on my Cayenne with PASM and in that vehicle it was noticeable. Obviously, impossible to compare this to the 991 with versus without. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

To me this is a no brainer and do the PDCC if you enjoy driving the car hard. If not get the Bose and PASM and save the $$$... Burmester in the 911 does not sound $3500 better than the Bose... Now in the Panamera or Cayenne it does.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:51 PM
911sanantone
Instructor

Appreciate the input. I will not track the car but some spirited driving on weekends is the plan. Do you think PDCC will be worth the cost for non-track use?
Old 09-15-2013, 12:15 AM
NeoGeo07
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told that PDCC was initially introduced on the Cayenne, because it has high center of gravity and PDCC helps with body roll. The 911 on the other hand, is probably as far from "body roll" as one gets. I don't think you'll notice much difference with or without it, especially if the car is just for road use. Some journalists also said it took away some feel from the car, but that's subjective.

I consider myself an audio enthusiast as well, but I never understand the point of having an audiophile system in a car, when there's inherent wheel/engine/road noise. Especially in the 50th with the PSE, wouldn't you want to enjoy that instead?

So my answer is neither (that's what I did with my order) but if you have to pick one out of the two, I say PDCC. In a sports car, performance > music quality (unless you're talking about the car's music).

If you have a good relationship with your dealer, see if you can test drive a 991 with and without PDCC. That may help too.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:38 AM
meine911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
To me this is a no brainer and do the PDCC if you enjoy driving the car hard. If not get the Bose and PASM and save the $$$... Burmester in the 911 does not sound $3500 better than the Bose... Now in the Panamera or Cayenne it does.
Agreed!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:54 AM
911sanantone
Instructor

Appreciate it. I don't have to have either of these and at this point your input has helped to keep both off my configuration. Nice to save the $$$$. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:36 AM
ymg91150
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
Burmester in the 911 does not sound $3500 better than the Bose...
+1

Originally Posted by NeoGeo07
I consider myself an audio enthusiast as well, but I never understand the point of having an audiophile system in a car, when there's inherent wheel/engine/road noise. Especially in the 50th with the PSE, wouldn't you want to enjoy that instead?

So my answer is neither (that's what I did with my order) but if you have to pick one out of the two, I say PDCC. In a sports car, performance > music quality (unless you're talking about the car's music).
+ 1

I ordered my car with Bose and without PDCC. Maybe I'm wrong, but I expect I will never miss anything.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:30 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I could live without either option if I had to. But I chose what was important to me. I drove cars with Burmeister and without. I also drove PDCC and non-PDCC back to back. I instantly fell in love with the PDCC technology and checked that box on my 2014 build. I appreciated the Burmeister differences but wasn't impressed enough to buy it.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Montesquieu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you plan to own this car for at least 5-10 years, then buy both. No regrets.

Quick Reply: Crazy Question Re 50th Configuration