Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather for the A, B and C pillars and roof?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Leather for the A, B and C pillars and roof?

Why isn't there an option for leather all over the interior just yet? I just did some configuring of a C4S and I cannot find these options anywhere. For the Pillars and the Roof inside the interior? What is Porsche saying sometime in 2014?
Old 09-07-2013, 09:56 PM
LotF
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those type of options are Porsche Exclusive custom interior options and some are available on the Dealer's configurator internal system. You can also contact Porsche Exclusive for an appointment to discuss options.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:33 PM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

My question is why? The Alcantera roof with the present pillars are just fine and look good. If you want to further donate money to Porsche, just write them a $4000 check for "incidentals".
Old 09-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LonnieR
My question is why? The Alcantera roof with the present pillars are just fine and look good. If you want to further donate money to Porsche, just write them a $4000 check for "incidentals".
Exactly! I also think that alcantara pilars and roof look so much better than leather. If the roof came standard in leather, I would rather pay extra for alcantara than the other way around. ,

Suzy991
Old 09-08-2013, 06:44 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Exactly! I also think that alcantara pilars and roof look so much better than leather. If the roof came standard in leather, I would rather pay extra for alcantara than the other way around. ,

Suzy991
Suzy,

You and I are on the opposite ends or the spectrum on this one. I think the alcantara is cheap looking. It is tolerable on the headliner, on the seats, steering wheel, and shift ****, look terrible on a daily driver car after a couple of years.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Suzy,

You and I are on the opposite ends or the spectrum on this one. I think the alcantara is cheap looking. It is tolerable on the headliner, on the seats, steering wheel, and shift ****, look terrible on a daily driver car after a couple of years.
Hahaha we really are on the opposite ends of the spectrum indeed, although... Not completely
I somehow think Alcantara headliner looks more expensive than leather, unless there is some nice stitching on the leather headliner involved. That looks very nice, when done right.
However, I don't like Alcantara on the seats or steering wheel. There I like leather a lot more. (Only place I would like an alcantara steering wheel is on a track, because it has a nice grip)
I also have to say that Alcantara only looks good in dark colors. In light colors I would probably also prefer leather, but I want my headliners always in dark colors. Don't like light colored headliners and pilars.

Suzy991
Old 09-08-2013, 07:56 PM
meine911
Racer

Yes. It is an option.

Quick Reply: Leather for the A, B and C pillars and roof?