Sponsored by:

Track Day Report with KW V3 @ Ridge Motorsport Park

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 01:58 AM
advantyper
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Track Day Report with KW V3 @ Ridge Motorsport Park

Attended Scan Automotive's open track day, had a crazy good time, burned through 4 tanks of gas and met some great people there.

First time at Ridge Motorsport Park, so the first session was pretty weird, trying to figure out the track, corner speed and the corkscrew turn with elevation deeps are pretty fun to tackle.

I tracked my 991 at Portland International Raceway with stock PASM and Pzero tires in March.

This time around with KW V3 and MSSP, the car handle SO much better, steering and feedback improved greatly. Cornering amazingly flat which inspired me to push it harder and faster every laps.

The MSSP require some warming up before it reach the perfect stickyness, first few laps it drifts a bit, so got to warm them up before pushing them. After 20-25 mins of hard driving it started to overheat and you start losing traction. Tire pressure felt best at 33 Hot in front and 38 Hot in rear for these tires. My 3000 miles new tires now got like 55-60% thread left

The car is so balance, was catching up and passing Turbo S and 981 Cayman S, of course on the straights the turbo will kill the 991, but once at the corners right on his behind

Overall loving the suspension, I left everything dialed in at 75% max stiffness in rebound and compression.

Need to pick up a bucket seats and 5 point harness, my left leg still sore from keeping my body in position from hard cornering.

Was lucky to get a ride in a PCA instructor's 997s modded up with GT3 control arms, Giro Disc, hoosier, mortons, GT2 Bucket Seats. His driving blown my mind, he was going so much faster and harder in every corner and exit and so smooth and flat. Superb driving and Hoosiers, man I missed them

Can't wait to go back out again

having trouble uploading images, but can see images at:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ml#post3921762

Quick Reply: Track Day Report with KW V3 @ Ridge Motorsport Park