Sponsored by:

KW V3 Installed and First Impression

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 03:39 AM
advantyper
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KW V3 Installed and First Impression

Got the car back today from Scan Automotive, they did a fab job on the car, everything is dialed in pretty good and their attention to detail and service are superb. Thanks again James and his crew at Scan Automotive in Vancouver BC. They had a huge selection of sick cars they are working on at the moment.

Visually the car look SO much better

This is my 3rd car with KW V3 installed, alway had superb experience with them and never look back on other brands in terms of comfort and adjustment for part time track junkie like myself.

At the moment everything is dialed at 60% max stiffness and lowered 1.4" all four corners and corner balance to my body weight.

Front Camber set at -1.85
Back Camber set at 2.07

First driving impression:

Steering feel heavier and feedback better then before.
Ride Comfort is comparable to PASM set to SPORT mode. With the V3, it came with a PASM bypass module, the PASM button doesn't work any more.
Turn-In much quicker and more stable then before
I swing by a few 40KPH hair pins by YVR airport, I can take these turns easily 15mph+ faster and still not reach the limit yet. Its getting dark so didn't want to push my luck and with my loud FVD exhaust don't want the cops to pay me a visit.

Have to take a few fast laps at Cypress Mountain tomorrow to see how the car perform under heavy fast load transfer

Overall VERY impress by the build quality and ride comfort and increase feedback I got from this setup. Going to play around with the setting this weekend and fine tune it to my preference.

Highly recommend it to any 991 owners looking to take the car handling and steering to another level.

I'll add in more feedback and comments as I put more miles on them

Now on to some pictures
Old 08-09-2013, 03:40 AM
advantyper
Instructor

Pics
Attached Images      
Old 08-09-2013, 03:45 AM
advantyper
Instructor

more pics
Attached Images    
Old 08-09-2013, 03:54 AM
advantyper
Instructor

few more
Attached Images   
Old 08-09-2013, 01:08 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

looks great, huge improvement!

cheers
Old 08-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Bigfra
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks great, do they offer a front lifting kit cause with the sport design kit this would kill my bumper being this low! Did you have spasm ??
Old 08-09-2013, 07:00 PM
David in Talent
Racer

How does your ride height compare to Sport Pasm factory option . I knows it is lower but by how much?
Old 08-10-2013, 07:27 PM
advantyper
Instructor

KW does offer a front lifting system for 997.

It add an addtional couple thousands dollar to the V3 system, so I didn't order with it. But pretty sure they have it in the works.

I have regular PASM on my car and no PDCC. Planning on getting the GT3 bumper once its available, so used to driving lowrider, got the tech down on going up steep driveways

Originally Posted by Bigfra
Looks great, do they offer a front lifting kit cause with the sport design kit this would kill my bumper being this low! Did you have spasm ??
Old 08-10-2013, 07:27 PM
advantyper
Instructor

Tks, your car looks fab too with the springs

Originally Posted by limey940
looks great, huge improvement!

cheers
Old 08-10-2013, 07:30 PM
advantyper
Instructor

I am lower then SPASM

From my understanding

PASM 10mm
SPASM 20mm
KW V3 I had my shop set it to 1.4" roughly 35mm

At the moment I am set at 60% max stiffness in rebound and compression and it feels like PASM in SPORT mode

Originally Posted by David in Talent
How does your ride height compare to Sport Pasm factory option . I knows it is lower but by how much?
Old 10-26-2016, 01:11 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Kicking up an old thread, tempting for my 991 GTS with PASM and PDCC. No one has ever complained about KW products.

My choices are:
KW HAS - Retains PASM and has PDCC Eliminating Modules
KW V3 - No PASM and has PDCC Eliminating Modules
Bilstein Damptronic - Integrates with PASM and has PDCC Eliminating Modules

Some odd reason there's a few horror stories about Bilstein Damptronic snapping off at the strut mount and the electronic failing. They were old threads, but worth mentioning in case anyone has positive experiences to share. Bilstein do make good stuff as they're an OEM supplier for Porsche. Maybe bad installation.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:26 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnosol
Kicking up an old thread, tempting for my 991 GTS with PASM and PDCC. No one has ever complained about KW products.

My choices are:
KW HAS - Retains PASM and has PDCC Eliminating Modules
KW V3 - No PASM and has PDCC Eliminating Modules
Bilstein Damptronic - Integrates with PASM and has PDCC Eliminating Modules

Some odd reason there's a few horror stories about Bilstein Damptronic snapping off at the strut mount and the electronic failing. They were old threads, but worth mentioning in case anyone has positive experiences to share. Bilstein do make good stuff as they're an OEM supplier for Porsche. Maybe bad installation.
I have KW HAS on my GTS and love it. Rides great. A little stiffer than stock. Improves performance and the car looks so much better to me. I always notice wheel gap on cars. I've used a lot of different KW kits over the years and never been disappointed.

I was going back and forth on KW and Bilstein Damptronics too. I know Bilstein is a very reputable company but i was reading some stories on problems with that suspension kit on other Porsches. That and my history with KW made me stay with KW. I'm very pleased with the HAS kit.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:41 PM
drugstocowboy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rim/tire size

Originally Posted by advantyper
Pics
advantyper, what tire size front and rear and rim size are you running. That setup is exactly what i'm looking for with the MPSS. Thanks!
Old 10-29-2016, 07:06 AM
satoru
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome!!! Had KW's installed on previous car and was very happy...good stuff!!!
Old 11-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ryan-
I have KW HAS on my GTS and love it. Rides great. A little stiffer than stock. Improves performance and the car looks so much better to me. I always notice wheel gap on cars. I've used a lot of different KW kits over the years and never been disappointed.

I was going back and forth on KW and Bilstein Damptronics too. I know Bilstein is a very reputable company but i was reading some stories on problems with that suspension kit on other Porsches. That and my history with KW made me stay with KW. I'm very pleased with the HAS kit.
Thanks Ryan and all the pioneers on this thread. KW HAS Part #25371045 ordered. It's compatible with PASM and PDCC. Can't wait to corner balance my GTS below.

Please share your front/rear fender height measurement from the ground, that would be very helpful.

I was looking into the Bilstein Damptronic and seems like the strut rod is very sensitive to install error. Torque it incorrectly and it'll snap off if you hit a bump, plus the electronic error nightmare of sending it back is too scary for my taste. My research shows that there's no issues with the KW HAS kit ever and the damping rate is perfect/very OEM like. Not bouncy like H&R. Rob (VISE) even tracks with his HAS kit and improved the performance of his vehicle so I'm sold.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: KW V3 Installed and First Impression