Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to lower my 911S, options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 11:52 AM
///Armin
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking to lower my 911S, options?

I don't have Sport PASM on mine and the wheel gap is starting to bother me. As much as I wanted to leave this car stock I think the mod bug is starting to bite. Starting with springs, I know H&R has a kit and TechArt as well. If you have any of these and can post pics it would be great. H&R is probably the route I will go since the TechArt is only 20mm and I would want a little more than an inch up front.

Also if I can get some feedback on the ride quality that would be great.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:16 AM
dr bit
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been hesitating to get pasm on my 991s for the same reason, do you think it is worth it?

Don't want to get springs, I've always done that to all my cars, but I'm tired of them, I leave in Mexico and some roads are not like in the USA
Old 07-09-2013, 09:31 AM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 153 Posts

I'm a little skeptical about changing the suspension geometry of a 911 by lowering it after all the engineering Porsche has already done to make it a great handling car right out of the box. While all these aftermarket companies can lower and/or make your 911 look and handle different, can they really make it handle better?
Old 07-12-2013, 07:40 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 599 Likes on 268 Posts

It's just a slight refinement that actually asks less of the stock sway bars. I agree that springs are stiffer and make the car lower but the reality is that Porsche would run the car 2" lower if it wasn't a street car. You aren't hurting the dynamics.

I like suggesting springs for track use, unlike most shops who talk customers into $8K of coil overs when they should really only be put on race cars.

I tell people to lower the car and save their money because the stock shocks and bars are better than people give them credit for being.

Quick Reply: Looking to lower my 911S, options?