Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my Borla exhaust for my 991 C4S!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 AM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Got my Borla exhaust for my 991 C4S!

Too bad the day I got it was a Friday and it was too late to schedule anything. I managed to be on standby for Monday at RStrada and was able to get my car in by late afternoon. They couldn't start on it until it cooled down, so they didn't finish it until around 9:00 pm and I went to pick it up.

First of all, normally I would sometimes hear them say about some exhaust companies' products not fitting well and not built well, but they said nothing and that the installation took one person and went very smoothly. They said they loved the sound and I fired it up. These guys are such an "engineering" company. The sound was so "factory" in the sense that had an "engineered" type of sound and not just some pipes and cans put together for a mere increase in decibels. The pulse is so tight that it sounds like a factory exhaust but lower and louder. In fact, I think it sounds better for my taste than the Porsche Sport Exhaust, which I find is not as smooth but raspy and a little piercing at higher revs.

I put the top down and drove it home, further enjoying the music of the exhaust which is sportier but still civilized. I definitely made the right choice in not ordering PSE and waited for a system from these guys. I can't say enough good things about the build quality and the sound, which is so well engineered that it ticks all the right boxes without being over the top.

My wife was already warning me that she would hate it if it was loud and obnoxious (which some past systems in my other cars by other manufacturers were). This morning she heard it and gave it a smiling approval and said " MY car sounds good. I am taking her out now". hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OoSF...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Terrence; 06-27-2013 at 02:02 AM. Reason: correct a link
Old 06-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

That does sound good!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Amalgam
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slantnose!
That does sound good!
Nice sound indeed. May I ask where you ordered the exhaust because I cannot find Borla for the 991. Also, did you install a full exhaust system, side mufflers only or center muffler only?
Old 06-27-2013, 12:46 PM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice. Any chance you could post a longer video? Maybe one exists. I had Borlas on my C6 Vette and loved them, but they did tend to drone right at 1600 rpm, and eventually I took them off because it was just too annoying.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:00 PM
david borla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've evolved the technology in our mufflers substantially over the past 5 years and have completely eliminated drone. Anything released by us recently is drone free and we will continue to ensure that every system we design and manufacture is free from drone moving forward. We even went back and redesigned all of our Corvette systems to eliminate drone and are working our way through our most popular older systems to eliminate drone if necessary.

You can be sure that anything from Borla for recent and/or future applications will be free from drone including our offerings for the 991.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:32 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it sounds deeper than PSE
Old 06-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Amalgam
Instructor

Originally Posted by david borla
We've evolved the technology in our mufflers substantially over the past 5 years and have completely eliminated drone. Anything released by us recently is drone free and we will continue to ensure that every system we design and manufacture is free from drone moving forward. We even went back and redesigned all of our Corvette systems to eliminate drone and are working our way through our most popular older systems to eliminate drone if necessary.

You can be sure that anything from Borla for recent and/or future applications will be free from drone including our offerings for the 991.
I have been searching on the net and I can't find any retailer having Borla exhaust for the 991. I see 997 and others but not 991.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:48 PM
david borla
Advanced

Originally Posted by Amalgam
I have been searching on the net and I can't find any retailer having Borla exhaust for the 991. I see 997 and others but not 991.
The systems have net been released yet but will be shortly. Please email me at davidb@borla.com for more info. Thanks for your interest.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

How much will they be for a base 991?
Old 06-28-2013, 11:10 AM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by david borla

Thanks for responding! I didn't realize we had a Borla spokesperson on the forum! I didn't mean to knock the system; the sound was incredible on the C6.

Do you have any video clips of the system on a 991? You previously had a Sport and Touring system; will this still be the case? Also details, weight specs and dyno?
Old 06-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

The exhaust is awesome. After a week of usage, I have nothing bad to say about the system. It has the perfect tone and volume for my needs and absolutely no drone. It's like driving a new car. I look forward to going to get coffee now just to hear it. I love it!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 886 Posts

I definitely enjoyed the Borla exhaust on my old 308GTB. Sounded great, and was totally bulletproof. If it droned, I don't remember it being enough to bother me.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:00 PM
Amalgam
Instructor

Does modding a porsche exhaust voids its warranty?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:19 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Amalgam
Does modding a porsche exhaust voids its warranty?
depends on the problem and sometimes the dealer
Old 07-17-2013, 07:05 PM
david borla
Advanced

Just wanted to let you guys know that this part has been officially released and is now available. The Borla part number is 140524. Please contact Chris Higgins at Borla for more information. His email address is chrish@borla.com and his direct phone number is 805.246.6000. Cheers!

Quick Reply: Got my Borla exhaust for my 991 C4S!