Sponsored by:

Idea: Porsche needs an online build status checker

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 02:31 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Idea: Porsche needs an online build status checker

So after I took European delivery and dropped my car off, it's been a very frustrating waiting game with improper status reports from my sales person, and just a general lack of information. I was think that all Porsche needs to do is allow a customer to check their own status online with their VIN. As I wait impatiently without data for my car to arrive, I feel like I'm nagging my sales person whenever I ask for updates, but I feel like this whole process could just be moved online for the customer.

For example, my car made it into port 6/14 in RI, but that weekend my sales person was still telling me it was on its way to Emden. I just don't understand... I had to contact someone at PCNA to get the proper status.

Sorry, just some random thoughts as I wait impatiently. I keep staring at my phone, willing it as hard as I can to ring from the dealer! :-)
Old 06-25-2013, 02:50 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Whew. For a second I thought this was going to be a proposal to sort out model selection insecurities.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:55 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Whew. For a second I thought this was going to be a proposal to sort out model selection insecurities.
I think there are enough threads here dealing with that!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:01 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

It would be like:

Online tracking option:
Order Code: OTO US$1000
Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
It would be like:

Online tracking option:
Order Code: OTO US$1000
Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The sales people can get the information if they take the time to look it up on their computer. My salesman had the ability to go in and check. Not always totally current but they installed a new system around Mid March that was supposed to handle this info easily.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:23 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Yes, I know the sales people have that ability. But *I* want that ability to track my own car... That's kind of my point. My sales guy has not been communicating with me at all, so I feel like I'm nagging him all the time when I ask for updates.

I just want to be able to check on my own. Like I can with UPS packages.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Speeddeacon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Related to this topic, is there a specific sequence of production that is useful? For example: Order received, pre-production, scheduled for production, in production, en route to export, in transit, at import port, en route to dealer, etc?

It was similar to this when we bought our other european cars but I haven't found anything on current Porsche's like this.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:20 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the same problem. I wanted to track the build all the way though, but didn't get any info unless I sent multiple emails or called and I really felt like I was nagging the salesman. I don't see why you can't track your own car.

It would be really cool if they had a webcam setup at the factory and they sent you a video/pics of your actual car going through the assembly line and I'd love to have a pic right after it was completed.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Spyder_Steph
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maxpowers
I had the same problem. I wanted to track the build all the way though, but didn't get any info unless I sent multiple emails or called and I really felt like I was nagging the salesman. I don't see why you can't track your own car. It would be really cool if they had a webcam setup at the factory and they sent you a video/pics of your actual car going through the assembly line and I'd love to have a pic right after it was completed.
BMW in Spartansburg, SC provides a nice video sequence of each custom ordered car. Also the general status information works better as with my recent 911-50 order.
PORSCHE should keep up with the existing communication technology IMO.

Quick Reply: Idea: Porsche needs an online build status checker