Default Yes!! I'm in... twice!

deleted

Last edited by Suzy991; 12-12-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Not valid anymore
Old 06-12-2013, 06:08 PM
mrstep
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy991
So now I will have a very nice and easy daily driver with a PDK and if I want to go for an entertaining and more involving drive I can use the Anniversary edition. Just don'’t want to get more than about 5000km (3100miles) a year on it.

Attachment 735599
That's an excellent solution!
Old 06-12-2013, 06:55 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I once bought two really nice rifles in the same caliber at the same time.

But, I'd really like to try this next time !
Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrstep

That's an excellent solution!
Thanx!

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
I once bought two really nice rifles in the same caliber at the same time.

But, I'd really like to try this next time !
You really should try it it gives a very good feeling I can tell you haha. Can't wait till I get them!

[Sent from my iPad using Rennlist]
Old 06-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I differ a bit. Why have two very similar cars and why not drive the best of the lot? IMHO I would get the 50th ann car and drive it to my hearts content. Otherwise you're saving it for the next buyer. If I recall, back in the old days people owned one Porsche and drove it everywhere. Cheers.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:50 PM
meine911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alstoy
I differ a bit. Why have two very similar cars and why not drive the best of the lot? IMHO I would get the 50th ann car and drive it to my hearts content. Otherwise you're saving it for the next buyer. If I recall, back in the old days people owned one Porsche and drove it everywhere. Cheers.
^ +1
Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

I disagree... Both are 911's but one is a coupe with a manual and sportsuspension. The other is a convertible with PDK, more comfortable, allwheeldrive and in my opnion a totally different car. Sure, they have the same engine but the C4S cab is a better car for driving it the whole year here in Switzerland.

I get your opinion about saving the 911_50 though. Maybe once I have the car, I drive it a lot more than I intended. But that's not a real problem. There's no intention ever selling the car because it has another very personal meaning to me. So I could end up driving it more than 5000km a year.
In that case my girlfriend is lucky and she will be driving the C4S cab most of the time. It will never be a waste of money.
The cab was a decision we've taken together. In fact... It was initially her idea.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:40 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Suzy, how sure are you that the two 991's would drive/feel so different from each other? Personally, I would either spread the two purchases over a period of time or get two cars of much more different natures, but I can see you are very excited about your plan and ultimately that's ALL that matters. Congrats!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hf1
Suzy, how sure are you that the two 991's would drive/feel so different from each other? Personally, I would either spread the two purchases over a period of time or get two cars of much more different natures, but I can see you are very excited about your plan and ultimately that's ALL that matters. Congrats!
Thanx

I drove some 991's. Coupe and cabriolet and it's just another feeling when you drive the cab with the roof down instead of the coupe. Not sure why, but I experience it like that.
And yes I am very exited about it we looked at other cars (RS5 convertible, M6 convertible, Jag F-type) but we couldn't find one that we both liked more than the 991 cab.
There's no substitute

Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

That's awesome Suzy,
I am planning the double order too, but it is a 911 50th and a Pano GTS.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:51 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

+2

Offcourse it's up to Suzy, she knows best what she wants.
But for me this makes no sense at all. The 50th has not much added value or difference over the cab to warrant it's purchase. Change the 50th order to a GT3 and maybe it starts to make sense if you take that beast to the track ...

Edit:

OK .. I just read Suzy's post on 6speed about emotional attachment to 50th .. so I withdraw my previous comment .. now I can only say, respect, great choice !

Last edited by bccars; 06-13-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:34 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

deleted

Last edited by Suzy991; 12-12-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 PM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice spending strategy Suzy.

For the 50th, graphite grey combined with black/dark silver interior would also be my preffered choice. You may want to consider removing XNS leather steering column. I'm sure it is nice, but I'm not sure if you can get it with deviating dark silver stiching that will be on the rest of the interior theme. The black plastic steering column blends in enough with black interior.
I would also consider pdls in black that should make the front end looks meaner in regards for darker exterior color, especially when combined with glass sunroof, but this is subjective.

Did you forget the mobile phone preparation for Bluetooth connection? Or it is part of the Swiss package? Since you have PCM, might as well get the telephone module as in your c4s specs.

Other small nice details are painted vehicle key, painted headlamp cleaning cover, and windscreen with grey top tint
Last but not least, you may want to try your luck in choosing/reserving the limitation number that's meaningfull to you.

Anyway, congrats for having 2 991s
Old 06-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pyramid
Nice spending strategy Suzy.

For the 50th, graphite grey combined with black/dark silver interior would also be my preffered choice. You may want to consider removing XNS leather steering column. I'm sure it is nice, but I'm not sure if you can get it with deviating dark silver stiching that will be on the rest of the interior theme. The black plastic steering column blends in enough with black interior.
I would also consider pdls in black that should make the front end looks meaner in regards for darker exterior color, especially when combined with glass sunroof, but this is subjective.

Did you forget the mobile phone preparation for Bluetooth connection? Or it is part of the Swiss package? Since you have PCM, might as well get the telephone module as in your c4s specs.

Other small nice details are painted vehicle key, painted headlamp cleaning cover, and windscreen with grey top tint
Last but not least, you may want to try your luck in choosing/reserving the limitation number that's meaningfull to you.

Anyway, congrats for having 2 991s
Thank you!

The steeringcolumn casing wil be with the same deviated stitching as on the rest of the interior. Forget to mention that. Personally I like the normal PDLS with the chrome trim around the headlights. It suits the chrome trim around the windows, the chrome headlamp cleaning cover and all the other chrome details on this car.

The bluetooth is part of the swiss package. For my daily driver I wanted the telephone module, but for the 911_50 I think I don't need it.

The limitationnumber will indeed be a very meaningfull one. The date of birth of my brother (day-month). That was the first thing I asked if that was possible and it is, if the requested numer is still free of course, but I got a confirmation on that already.

The painted keycover I get as a present from my dealer for both cars, together with a leather pouch

Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ sounds like you get it all covered and all set

Quick Reply: Yes!! I'm in... twice!