Sponsored by:

Bose Radio Sound Separation

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Bose Radio Sound Separation

My car has the Bose audio and it sounds like everything comes out of the front center speaker on the top of the dash. I drove my son's VW GTI yesterday and there was a definite feeling that certain instruments were on the left and the others on the right, etc., just as it has always been in my cars. All of the balance controls for the radio are set in the normal position. Am I missing something?
Old 05-30-2013, 01:39 PM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts

Stereo effects depends on the music source, of course. Bose has that "surround" processing feature that may be blurring the true stereo sounds if it's activated - but I'm sure you've noticed that. IMO the Bose system sounds great and is all I need in a car. Since the base system doesn't include a subwoofer, it's really a must have option for music listeners (standard in the turbo and probably should have been in the Carrera also).
Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 PM
bboerit
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I haven't gotten my car yet so I haven't had the opportunity to play around with the controls but when I test drove 991s with the Bose, I thought the radio sounded like crap but when we plugged an iPod in, the sound was great...
Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by WCE
Stereo effects depends on the music source, of course. Bose has that "surround" processing feature that may be blurring the true stereo sounds if it's activated - but I'm sure you've noticed that. IMO the Bose system sounds great and is all I need in a car. Since the base system doesn't include a subwoofer, it's really a must have option for music listeners (standard in the turbo and probably should have been in the Carrera also).
Agree, you need to disable the surround setting.
IMO the Bose system sounds very good but misses a bit of mid-range.

Quick Reply: Bose Radio Sound Separation