Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Spoiler Lip

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Trimmer
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was closely looking at the rear wing spoiler for my soon to be delivered 4S Cab. Looking at a few photos from poor angles, it looks to me the carbon lip with it's over hang, might reflect red light from the 4's light bar between the tail lights.

Also, my dealer seemed to think would add considerable downforce on the rear at high speeds making steering very light. The suggest something on the front end to balance the force. They thought the SPASM front bumper splitter may not be enough or would do nothing at all.

I DO like both add ons and may just try 'em.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Trimmer
I was closely looking at the rear wing spoiler for my soon to be delivered 4S Cab. Looking at a few photos from poor angles, it looks to me the carbon lip with it's over hang, might reflect red light from the 4's light bar between the tail lights.

Also, my dealer seemed to think would add considerable downforce on the rear at high speeds making steering very light. The suggest something on the front end to balance the force. They thought the SPASM front bumper splitter may not be enough or would do nothing at all.

I DO like both add ons and may just try 'em.
perhaps this has been covered elsewhere, forgive me if so...

The porsche rear spoilers and front air dams (i.e. Aerokit) are designed to work in tandem. Porsche specifically warns against using one without the other. I'm sure this would only be an issue at the highest speeds, but I would still not be inclined to mix-and-match, or worse, install one without the other.

I'm no engineer, but it seems to me the appropriate front lip limits airflow getting directly under the vehicle, to offset the additional downforce from the rear spoiler. Otherwise you can imagine the possibility of one of those "hydroplane blowover" type crashes.

Quick Reply: Sport Spoiler Lip