Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Use of Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 AM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Use of Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Had a quick question re; adjusting for tire pressure using the TPM, as the manual is confusing on the issue. While I have a Panamera GTS, the basic system is the same as the 991, so I wanted to post here as well, as I have always found the carrera owners to be much more in tune with their cars.

Anyway, prior to getting this car, I was always under the impression that tire pressure should be checked in the morning, when tires are cold, and I used a very good gauge. Anyway, if now relying on TPM given the indicated setting (standard, partial load), should I assume that the TPM should be looked at in the morning as well, and the "fill" function used when the tires are cold? Obviously, as one begins to drive, the TPM is going to indicate (+2 or so), as the tires heat up, which was kind of a neat ongoing monitoring.

So, I was somewhat confused if the general goal was to have "0's" all around when the tires are at a normal operating temperature (which would take into account ones driving style), or "O's" all around in the morning>?
I assume the latter, but thought I would check in and get some clarity.

Much thanks
Old 04-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Ideally, I will use "morning" as the designated pressure, but on this one, I just used "normal cool". I think it is more important to use "morning" during the winter as they can get much colder overnight than spring odor summer.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:37 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

THanks Terrenc e I also sent you a PM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Use of Tire Pressure Monitoring System