Sponsored by:

My 10k Service--Job Done

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 04:12 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default My 10k Service--Job Done

Service completed. For $622, which included the 10k service and an $80+tax for tire balancing and minus about $10 for my Porsche Club discount (can't even buy an Old Fashion at the bar with that).

Interesting that they are now using 5W-40 Pennzoil Ultra (name sounds like cheap beer).

Oh for those people out there still whining about no feel in the 991 PDCC suspension, I felt that my tires needed balancing but was not sure if it was the alignment or a tire flat spot. Tires are fine now so I guess anyone can feel/communicate with the road just as easily as if they had a 997. So much negative bullsheisse being generated about the 991 on these message boards. Hilarious.

By the way, all four tires had the same remaining tread left after 10k miles. Again the car has PDCC and I've been hitting the throttle a bit with Sport Plus & "now and again" with the launch control.

Anyway, hope this info helps.

What a day. Hahahaha. The dealer did a good job though.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:16 PM
TSpyder
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Anther great German rap vid from the holminator. Who would've thunk it?

Spyder
Old 03-31-2013, 11:24 PM
goatboy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pennzoil and Quaker State are now owned by Shell. Pennzoil Ultra is the US brand for what is called Shell Heliix synthetic in Europe and pretty much the rest of the world.

Pennzoil and Quaker State have so much goodwill (customer loyalty) that the brands were worth Shell buying them.

Quick Reply: My 10k Service--Job Done