Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still wash your Porsche yourself?-Must read (especially black cars)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,333 Likes on 751 Posts

I do love to wash my car myself and do it once a week. I don't have a black car but the Guards Red will show the same water spot issues. I could not justify a $570 water deionizer , it would make me feel too too vain plus that could be money spent on some type of mod.

Instead what works for me, and I have terrible water here in the suburbs of Philly, is I wash with the 2 bucket method and then pull the car into the garage after I have fully soaked it. I soary it down with Chemical Guys After Wash, used to spray it down with Zaino quick detailer, and then use several towels to dry and buff it out. Car shines line the sun and no water spotting at all.

I too was worried about using a leaf blower thinking it might throw something at the car that might mar the finish.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:08 AM
2001f4s
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I started rinsing with the CR-Spotless DIC-20 this season. I do the initial rinse and wash with city water and just use the CR-Spotless for the final rinse. Does the trick on a black BMW and Guards Red 991. I have been recently using the leaf blower with good results.

On another note, a big fan of Griot's Speed Shine, but recently tried their "Best of Show" cleaner, that stuff is really good.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:07 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

I will never wash my cars any other way again.

Important pre-requisite: Multiple layers of a good ceramic coating, including wheels.

Then to wash:
-Rinse with power-washer (using white tip)
-Foam car with MTM foam canon
-Let soak for 10-minutes
-Rinse with de-ionized water
-Blow dry with Master Blaster

Washing my cars (particularly drying, doing wheels) over the years became too much of a chore. And who has time to waste hours every couple weeks... Never lay a finger on the paintwork anymore, and the whole process takes less than an hour. No swirl marks. Showroom shine. Game changer, especially on dark colored cars.

Quick Reply: Still wash your Porsche yourself?-Must read (especially black cars)