Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche sport driving course

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 01:33 PM
goatboy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Performance course is a hoot. They off-road thing is a diversion, but you'll appreciate the rest from track time. They have constructed a low-speed off-road course that uses all of the Cayenne's abilities.

If you can get to the Master's with just the one day class, that's the way to go. Master's is where you get open track time. The first courses are follow the leader.

The Master's is a blast. The Master's Plus class is dog nuts! One of the participants told me that they don't do the Master's and Master's Plus classes in July or August becuase they'd shred the street tires on the track.

The skill level of the Master's Plus participants is way up there. A lot of them could do Barber is under 1:50 in a 997 C2S.

I'm putting off getting a 911 until I retire in 1-2 years. Getting a Master's Plus fix every year makes it tolerable.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I spoke with one of the reps at the PSDS today and got the scoop on whether or not it's possible to skip a level. The short of it is: it is possible with approval from the Director of Operations for the school. You will be asked to submit a "driver's resume" which he/she will review in order to make a determination about at what level it is appropriate for you to begin.

She also reassured me they even do streaming within each beginners class and try to divide the track sessions and sub-groups based on skill level, so those that are coming in totally green are not in the same run groups as those that have some experience and a grasp of driving theory already. Their main concern is that Barber is a highly technical track with a large number of turns and significant elevation changes, so if you've never been on a similar style of track it maybe overwhelming for even those with some track experience.

She also related that the emphasis is on applied skills through seat time; classroom time is kept to a minimum. After 30 minutes on the first day, you'll be in the car and on the track.

Quick Reply: Porsche sport driving course