Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quest for my first 911... 991?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 03:21 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Just make sure you don't compromise on the most important options. When I found a used one, I made sure it had PDK, PSE, and Sport Chrono. I also really wanted PDCC. I ended up finding a great deal on a almost new one with way more options than that (131k msrp). But, I made sure in my search, I immediately disqualified cars that didn't at least have those first 3 options.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:38 PM
clembo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

The car sounds great. If it is the color you like and has the options you want, make a final offer where they CPO the car. If you are unsure of color or options, then move on, it is still alot to spend and you should get what you want.

Now, that being said, the 991 is great, and if you buy it, you will love it. I think the color combo sounds really nice.

Final point - does your wife have any sisters? She must be pretty cool for allowing you to go for the upgrade. If you get the car, you owe her a piece of Bling as well
Old 03-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. Make sure you love the car. A good "deal" on a car you don't like is not a good deal.
2. Run a carfax AND a Autocheck report.
3. Take it to a quality body shop and have them check it with a paint meter no mater what the carfax, auto check, cpo, salesman, etc say.
4. Have the dealer show you the inspection report from the service department. Even if it is not CPO, all franchised dealers run their cars through shop first. Should be able to tell you how much brake pad life is left, etc. Or, for more peace of mind, do a full blown PPI. Preferably not at the selling dealer.

As far as pricing goes, what the dealer paid for a used car is irrelevant. If he paid too much, it does not make the car worth more. If he was able to trade for it for 80k, he would not be interested in selling it for 82k if the retail market is 97k. I doubt he would show you the "cost card" on one of those! My gut felling is that something in the low 90's is more reasonable, not over 93k.

Quick Reply: Quest for my first 911... 991?