Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incentives/Cash Back/Trunk Money on remaining 2012 991s

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013 | 07:55 PM
Gruson
Instructor

Default Incentives/Cash Back/Trunk Money on remaining 2012 991s

Quick question, I am looking at a couple of new 2012 991s. Yes, the leftovers and want to know what kind of incentives they get from Porsche.

Locally my contact said they got $10,000 in cash back from Porsche to help move remaining inventory. They have sold all of them now. Another dealer informed me they only got $6k from Porsche. Does it vary per dealership and their number of sales?

Now, does anyone know if Porsche is still helping dealers move inventory? I would think they would want all 2012s moved at this point. Anyone know the details? I found a vehicle I am interested in but it doesnt sound like he got as much cash as another dealer. Anyone know?
Old 03-23-2013 | 10:48 PM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

There was a 6k dealer incentive on old stock 2012s which i believe ended last november. Most dealers bought the car, punched the warranty and pocketed the 6k. So if the warranty has started last november, the dealer collected an extra 6k. I am not sure of anything further though. Best of luck.
Old 03-23-2013 | 11:32 PM
Gruson
Instructor

Thanks. My local dealer said it was more than 6k. Could it vary per region? They also said they were number 3 in the nation in sales. Just trying to find the out of state dealer more money so we can do the deal!

You would think Porsche would give them more to move the leftover 2012s. The 2013s have been out a while now...
Old 03-24-2013 | 11:40 AM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

I totally agree. There's only a handful of months before 2014s start (late summer I believe). There has to be additional incentives. Maybe someone else can chime in?
Old 03-24-2013 | 11:48 AM
4forme
Burning Brakes

I was told it was $10k thru last November. When I looked (went thru each dealer website manually) earlier this month all the remaining stock for '12's in my desired configuration were undesirable to me.
Old 03-24-2013 | 12:47 PM
996C2Cabriolet
Advanced

Dealers got $10k as an additional incentive to sell 2012 991s which ended in Nov 2012. I picked one up which was more optioned out than I would have ordered for a heavy discount in Nov.
Old 03-24-2013 | 01:43 PM
Gruson
Instructor

I found the one I want but they are asking about $5k too much still, especially since values have dropped a lot on 2012s. Maybe they can contact PCNA to get more to move it? They said they only got $6k. If they got the $10k that would make the deal for us.
Old 03-24-2013 | 04:39 PM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Hmm. Have you tried walking in with your checkbook in hand and saying I will pay x, right now if you can do this price? Dealing over the phone/online and walking in with your checkbook and pen tend to yield different results in my experiences. That would be the easiest way to know. If they can make a small buck and move a 2012 I would think they would jump on the chance. It is months end soon as well. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2013 | 06:09 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

I find this a most unusual thread. I know that most of us don't want to spend more than the best possible deal in the world for the particularly optioned car we want. If what I was after was the best deal on a car I'd be shopping for a Kia or something like it. I don't want an automotive appliance, I want a car that energies me, makes me feel special. I am focused on finding that particular car, not the very best price on that car. I just want the damn car.
Old 03-24-2013 | 06:36 PM
Gruson
Instructor

Originally Posted by carsrmyvice
Hmm. Have you tried walking in with your checkbook in hand and saying I will pay x, right now if you can do this price? Dealing over the phone/online and walking in with your checkbook and pen tend to yield different results in my experiences. That would be the easiest way to know. If they can make a small buck and move a 2012 I would think they would jump on the chance. It is months end soon as well. Good luck.
I would but they are over 1000 miles away.

I'm all about a deal, that's how I have this money now to buy a Porsche! $5k saved is $5k earned!
Old 03-24-2013 | 06:42 PM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by solomonschris
I find this a most unusual thread. I know that most of us don't want to spend more than the best possible deal in the world for the particularly optioned car we want. If what I was after was the best deal on a car I'd be shopping for a Kia or something like it. I don't want an automotive appliance, I want a car that energies me, makes me feel special. I am focused on finding that particular car, not the very best price on that car. I just want the damn car.
I also tend to go for the particular car I want instead of the best deal.
That being said I will negotiate hard to get the price I feel is right.
Old 03-24-2013 | 10:41 PM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Originally Posted by solomonschris
I found a car with acceptable options then negotiated firmly with my dealer, which happens to be local this time around. I agree with the OP though, no need to pay more than you have to. I promise I am anything but cheap on everyday purchases, but when it comes time to buy a house or car etc I get engulfed in the deal and I turn into....

Old 03-25-2013 | 02:09 AM
laurentv1
Track Day

I got 11K of a 2013 132K sticker car 2 weeks ago by doing just that to my local dealer:
" the car I want is 25 miles away at another dealership, I'll buy it from you with 11K off sticker"
Old 03-25-2013 | 03:27 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

i didn't like my 2012 because hard to sell. the shared year really messed things up.

why not negotiate on a 13' or just order something to come for 14'.. im sure you can negotiate 6% on a new build and thats your same 6k if not more.

6k off a 100k car you built for you is much better than 12k off a 125k car you didn't want half the stuff on anyways.

options dont add value down the line, so get what YOU want...
Old 03-25-2013 | 12:34 PM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

I have no empirical evidence of whether the trunk money last November was $6K or $10K, but also keep in mind that there's about 10% markup from invoice to MSRP to begin with. So, if you found a hypothetical $110K MSRP 2012 still left new that you liked, AND dealer got $10K, then they've got around $89K in that car. I would think they would take that, but I would not expect them to lose money just to get rid of the car.

Quick Reply: Incentives/Cash Back/Trunk Money on remaining 2012 991s