No drill front licence plate mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:48 PM
nicoff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by CHLW
Thanks looked at that already but requires drilling, although underneath bumper not visible.
If you cannot stand two non-visible holes, then you might consider an alternative: moving to another state that does not require front plates. :-)
Old 03-22-2013, 06:44 AM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nicoff
If you cannot stand two non-visible holes, then you might consider an alternative: moving to another state that does not require front plates. :-)
Been there. Done that.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:31 PM
DLJ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
We're working on an alternative mount system, and have been in beta testing for a few months. Hope to be able to show it very soon. Discreet, simple, easy install, works well on our test vehicles (Porsche and others) thus far.
Eric, I am in the market for a GT3 solution soon. Any idea when this will be available? THXS !
Old 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM
DLJ
Racer

I'm familiar with the mower deck unit. What do you fellas think about this one:
http://www.usmillworks.com/porsche_f..._tow_hook.html
Old 03-29-2013, 04:22 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It's perfect unless you have parking sensors like me. Saw it for sale in the dealership a few minutes ago.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:55 PM
97c2s993
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

I have the US Millworks one, the one with the additional holes for weight savings. I'm very happy with it. What I like about this one vs. another version where the backing plate does not fill the license plate, is there's less risk of bending the license plate itself.
As I said earlier in this post I like that I can remove it easily when I want/need, either for aesthetics or DE track events. The trick is to remember to put it back on (I got stopped going into Midtown Tunnel and just told the guy I was coming from the car wash where I took it off...no problem).
Old 03-30-2013, 03:16 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by holminator
It's perfect unless you have parking sensors like me. Saw it for sale in the dealership a few minutes ago.
No parking sensors on mine. Just park by feel
Old 03-30-2013, 03:20 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by 97c2s993
I have the US Millworks one, the one with the additional holes for weight savings. I'm very happy with it. What I like about this one vs. another version where the backing plate does not fill the license plate, is there's less risk of bending the license plate itself.
As I said earlier in this post I like that I can remove it easily when I want/need, either for aesthetics or DE track events. The trick is to remember to put it back on (I got stopped going into Midtown Tunnel and just told the guy I was coming from the car wash where I took it off...no problem).
Thanks for the advice ! I want to make a decision soon. Seems better to pay a $100 or so now, perhaps sacrificing some looks, rather than give LEO's an extra excuse for one or more $ 160+ ticket(s) to help fund our tax mad jurisdictions.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:49 PM
nicoff
Racer

I will take (non visible) drilled holes any day of the week instead of the asymmetrical non-centered hook location.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:53 AM
kes7u
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nicoff
I will take (non visible) drilled holes any day of the week instead of the asymmetrical non-centered hook location.
I completely agree. The asymmetry would drive me absolutely batty. It's Skene for me.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:05 PM
schroed911
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skene size

Anyone use this on a 993?

Long for a 993 WB wo aerokit?
Old 06-27-2013, 02:01 PM
DLJ
Racer

I bought the Rennlist peg for the tow hook. Nicely finished, but at this point doesn't matter as I just keep it under the rear of the passenger seat set up to attach if I feel the urge. I really don't care for the off-center look, but even less enthused with drilling my front bumper. I figure that I might get away with the "oops I washed the car and forgot to re-mount it" excuse if circumstances arise. I notice on recent road trip there were many cars with drilled front ends and plates. No doubt the enforcement is up in some parts to generate revenue.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:39 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My dealer installed the Skene one at time of delivery. Actually took the time to bend both the bracket and license plate a little so they conform to the shape of the front bumper rather than sit perpendicular so to speak. Two unseen holes are a small price to pay.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:41 PM
TAZ40JAHRE
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Alternative mount system?

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
We're working on an alternative mount system, and have been in beta testing for a few months. Hope to be able to show it very soon. Discreet, simple, easy install, works well on our test vehicles (Porsche and others) thus far.
Eric - did you ever decide to market the alternative mount system? I'm looking for a solution for my PTT, which is tricky because it has the adaptive cruise sensor in the center of the grill just below the face of the bumper.
Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2014, 10:44 PM
tivoom
1st Gear

Thanks to the thread here... installed Skene extra short bracket on new 991 Turbo with park assist today. EZ install, looks good, no PA sensor issues.

Quick Reply: No drill front licence plate mount