Sponsored by:

Standard audio vs Bose vs Bermester

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 06:21 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I turn off the radio and play symphonies, rock and pop with the PSE. Sometimes I sing along.
That's the right attitude !
Old 04-15-2013, 07:16 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alstoy
Test drive the different set ups and it will come to you. I would get PSE with the base stereo. I have Bose in my 997 and never listen to it. The noise of the engine is all I need. Besides, I don't consider the 911 a good place to listen to music. Lux cars like MB, Lexus etc are best for that sort of stuff. Cheers.
+1
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

My 991 has a radio???
Old 06-08-2013, 04:49 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Before driving my 991 S, I would have agreed to spend the money for PSE. However this new car has a much better engine note than my 2010 997.2 S and 3k for more noise without more power was simply not justifiable.

I did not compare the base radio with Bose so I can't comment on that but the new Bose is much superior to what was in my previous car.

My age must be showing because I am certainly in the minority.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:23 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 415 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by EG9
I spent 30 minutes at the dealership listening to both minutes before my ordering. Test drove with the bAse stereo and sounds good unless your flooring it. Sounds great while cruising and was not that big of difference to that of the bOse. The bOse is way overpriced compared to the bAse. Unless you are super picky on sound and loudness, the bAse stereo is a bit better than my 997 bOse to me. I've done several long drives out to the coast and have Pandora going, then switch it to jukebox then to my ipod on AUX and all of if is great. Fantastic PCM system and am extremely happy with the sound. Save your money and spend it somewhere else... Like espresso full leather
+1 yup couldn't justify the expense for the Bose or the other one. I listen to the pse and NPR

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 06-09-2013, 09:39 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 966 Likes on 429 Posts

In my Cab the Bose sounds awful, but prefer the PSE anyway with top down. In future when I order my next one, as opposed to getting one off lot, will definitely just get base stereo. On a side note, I think the Bose sounds pretty good in my cayenne diesel, but not in my Panamera Gts; I think separation of speakers and extra sound deadening material helps a lot.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:03 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't buy my 991C2S to listen to music unless you can call the engine sound music. The PSE definitely adds to the driving experience and when it does, sounds coming out of the radio only interfere with that. I like listening to Satellite radio and I needed to get a unit where that was possible. The standard radio did not have that capability and the Bose was the cheapest alternative factory option to accomplish that. The idea to spend an additional $3000 for a better radio wasn't even a consideration. I wish that Porsche had offered the non CD/DVD changer Bose for $300 less with the earlier '13s. Who needs a changer? I guess if you want to play DVD's but I'm not interested in watching movies when I'm driving.

Quick Reply: Standard audio vs Bose vs Bermester