Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 991 Carrera S issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 08:14 AM
lennyg
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've experienced this same problem on other vehicles. Tech recommended GM Silicone Grease P/N 10131290. He advised to work in a very thin coating. While likely not a long term solution, a single application has lasted for over 1 year now.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:17 PM
veilsideLGD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lennyg
I've experienced this same problem on other vehicles. Tech recommended GM Silicone Grease P/N 10131290. He advised to work in a very thin coating. While likely not a long term solution, a single application has lasted for over 1 year now.
Thanks for the responses everyone! I hope this is a permenant solution since it is pretty annoying. I brought my vehicle in to Pacific Porsche this morning and duplicated it for the service advisor. They currently have my car and I am in a 2013 Panamera S Hybrid loaner. The service and workmanship here is impeccable and they really pay attention to details and customer service. Jim and Christopher are great! I am hopeful that this will be resolved!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Some minor niggles, too. Mainly interior rattles all over the place. And yes my seat is creaking, too. I've also had a CE light come on (faulty Oil filler cap) and now a "Cooling System Error" flashing all the time, but temps have stable and within normal operating range at all times leading me to think it's just the computer talking to itself.

These haven't even come close to ruining the ownership experience so far. It's a bad *** cagefighter in a Hugo Boss suit. The eccentricities are tolerated.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by holminator
My speedometer is faulty. Every time I know I'm going 55 mph I look down and the damn thing says 90 to 100. I'm sick of it and thinking about returning it as a lemon. Maybe I will buy a vette. Chevette or NoVa. It's shameful. My 9-year old says the car is a piece of junk and asks why didn't I get a Lotus, Ferrari, Nissan, or Mustang. I can't take it anymore.
I guess it's just me but my view is the OP stated his issues - not in any way suggesting a major critique of the 991 - so this piling on seems more defensive then amusing.

Anytime one throws down good money on an emotional purchase I think expressing some disappointment when there are quality issues is not unwarranted. It has has happened to me but did not, ipso facto, cause me to disdain the marque or the car. It did not seem to me that the OP slammed either P-cars in general or his 991 in particular. Give him a break.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:29 AM
veilsideLGD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 917k
I guess it's just me but my view is the OP stated his issues - not in any way suggesting a major critique of the 991 - so this piling on seems more defensive then amusing.

Anytime one throws down good money on an emotional purchase I think expressing some disappointment when there are quality issues is not unwarranted. It has has happened to me but did not, ipso facto, cause me to disdain the marque or the car. It did not seem to me that the OP slammed either P-cars in general or his 991 in particular. Give him a break.
The dealership added some felt to reduce the noise which it did so I'm happy.

Thank you for your support. I wholeheartedly agree with you. I did not slam on the marque nor the car itself since I understand defects may exist on a new car. I just wanted to express my disappointment that's all. I work at American Honda Motor Co., and in our customer service department, customer calls in to express their disappointment with relatively new warranty issues and we empathize with them and even offer them a goodwill gesture!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:23 AM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 917k

The OP made a joke, a summation of all the BS whining about a car that is essentially perfect & a Supercar if optioned a certain way.

Last edited by holminator; 03-24-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:46 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by veilsideLGD
The dealership added some felt to reduce the noise which it did so I'm happy.

Thank you for your support. I wholeheartedly agree with you. I did not slam on the marque nor the car itself since I understand defects may exist on a new car. I just wanted to express my disappointment that's all. I work at American Honda Motor Co., and in our customer service department, customer calls in to express their disappointment with relatively new warranty issues and we empathize with them and even offer them a goodwill gesture!
I actually had a good experience with the dealer and with PCNA. Apart from the minor disruptions of 5 or 6 campaigns to fix early production problems - all done before any actual on road problems occurred- I had one frustrating rattle. The biggest issue I had was having to drive a Q5 instead of a Panamera a couple of times.

The door card they ordered to replace the culprit got scuffed in shipping, and another new one was ordered and installed. So despite the time it all took, I really on reflection can't fault either the dealer or PCNA.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:19 AM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 154 Posts

Wow, I have driven my 991s 16k + miles since June 2012 and other than one service campaign for the 7MT, a faulty XM antenna and three flat tires, it has been perfect. And I'm sure glad my dealer talked me into buying the tire insurance as the 2 back and 1 front tires I have gotten so far would have cost almost twice what I paid for the tire insurance.

Last edited by parkerfe; 03-24-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:39 AM
skinzy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is also flawless except for 2 campaign issues which were minor.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:51 AM
2wheels4me
Instructor

My 991S coupe, after three days of ownership, threw two errors yesterday, one for an inability to read the oil level (which was previously fine), and then shortly thereafter another stating that the oil temperature sensor was faulty. To the shop it goes. The water temperature was fine, so I'm not overly concerned, but this is not what I wanted in a brand new car.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:03 AM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Was the vehicle on a hill?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:00 PM
2wheels4me
Instructor

Was the vehicle on a hill?
No, and after letting the car cool down for three hours, driving modestly and on relatively flat roads, both messages came back after a bit, first the inability to read the level, then the temperature sensor defective one.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:08 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

My speedometer is faulty. Every time I know I'm going 55 mph I look down and the damn thing says 90 to 100. I'm sick of it and thinking about returning it as a lemon. Maybe I will buy a vette. Chevette or NoVa. It's shameful. My 9-year old says the car is a piece of junk and asks why didn't I get a Lotus, Ferrari, Nissan, or Mustang. I can't take it anymore.

this is the only problem i have in the s triple blue cab, running 95-130 around the west 13,000 miles, over 1,000 miles on dirt, another 2,000 on gravel. the f.g thing is almost perfect, i have no plans to get a turbo [then s] like i usually would. Sun likes it too, yes he's usually this dirty.

Last edited by Sun Ra; 04-06-2015 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 AM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Now that's a good huntin' dawg.

Was just at the Porsche dealer to drop off for annual maintenance. According to the dealer, my ride has no open campaigns (April 2012 build). Oh well, guess I have nothing to whine about.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Slowekistan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1

Quick Reply: 2013 991 Carrera S issues