Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For you skeptical on how terrible is programming an ecu Here the 991 turbo kit!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 07:13 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts
Default For you skeptical on how terrible is programming an ecu Here the 991 turbo kit!

you can imagine by yourself how much easier is installing
a 991 GT3 pdk

Old 03-17-2013, 06:42 PM
LotF
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ruf is a manufacturer who takes Porsche's from the factory and creates their own model. The warranty is from Ruf and not Porsche. As a manufacturer Ruf has significant equipment and capital advantages over tuner shops, DIYers, and the like. They have decades of experience dealing with Porsche. In another part of their business they repair and restore old Porsche cars. I'm sure you could contract with them to put a GT3 PDK into a Carrera. However it will not be cheaper than getting a GT3 directly from Porsche.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:52 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts
Smile

i don t think at all it would be so difficult , the world has changed so the
the car production and apart the cost as spare part of the gearbox
is not a miracle , is a damn gearbox not the Nasa going to the moon guys

indeed ALL the salesman here are more interested in selling
2 991 rather than 1 991 and a 1 gearbox isn t it ?

i don t care how MUCH can be difficult "wiring" a stupid steering paddles
or HOW terrible is programming an ECU (i am a programmer)

i d like comments on how could cost the gearbox itself (if known or an idea at least )
any mechanical issue ?

indeed the warranty bla bla bla....
Old 03-17-2013, 07:30 PM
LotF
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hardware is cheap but people are expensive. It's the labor that makes it expensive. If Porsche charges $100/hr in repair labor, just think what Ruf is going to charge for the hundreds of hours, in a one time modification, to build the car that you want. Porsche builds hundreds of thousands of cars across several models to build a GT3 at its price point to make a profit. Anyone alone cannot produce one car cheaper than Porsche.

Quick Reply: For you skeptical on how terrible is programming an ecu Here the 991 turbo kit!