Sponsored by:

991S PDK vs Lotus Evora S

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 10:40 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
For Me? Ahh you shouldn't have, especially since I led my region in sales, became one of six company mentors for the entire USA and have a letter with a hand written thank you from the CEO, the company was in the fortune 100. Maybe you should read it though, as for Blue2000, he's a good guy so I don't really care if he drives a Geo Metro.
I could care less what he drives, He went to the trouble of visiting a a 991 forum to offer a "Meh". From that it is clear he intends stir the pot, with a classic sophomore insult. And then to offer a vid of a nicely modded G body car (essentially correcting was needed to overcome the early car's deficiencies) as a comparison to the 991 - via the 996- about which he apparently has no actual experience- is an indication not so much of reasoned opinion, but something else entirely.

I believe whoever said he is a great guy. If we were at a bar, I'd buy a pitcher so we could carry out this important debate. And PS it was a forehanded comment.

Last edited by chuckbdc; 05-27-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 AM
blue2000s
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just relaying my experience, expectations and disappointment in what used to be one of my favorite cars to drive on a board that I've been a member of for over six years. Agreeing with what has been written in the subject of this thread. In my opinion, personal attacks are petty and show lack of character. Purveying a stereotype, sadly. One that I've found is mostly undeserved throughout the general community.

Last edited by blue2000s; 05-28-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:57 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Originally Posted by blue2000s
Just relaying my experience, expectations and disappointment in what used to be one of my favorite cars to drive. Agreeing with what has been written in the subject of this thread. Personal attacks are petty and show lack of character. Purveying a stereotype, sadly.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:02 AM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm hard pressed to understand how anyone was insulted on that one. Wow. Anyway, back to discussing cars!

Maybe I'm also just too old to give a **** if someone calls me something negative. Best wishes.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:24 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Originally Posted by holminator
I'm hard pressed to understand how anyone was insulted on that one. Wow. Anyway, back to discussing cars!

Maybe I'm also just too old to give a **** if someone calls me something negative. Best wishes.
I'm going focus more on the crabs now.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:35 PM
rskdsk
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yikkes harsh ... we are all car lovers here.

BTW I just bought an Evora ... It seems everybody and their grandmother owns a porsche around here ... not saying porsche is bad ... just got old for me.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:54 PM
Coincident
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In choosing a high performance sports car, individual preferences and priorities should be the determining factors. For example, I require a car that will offer high performance as a DD on a variety of road surfaces ranging from smooth highways to ragged, rough , bumpy streets. I do not track my car although I may do so occasionally in the future but this really does not factor into my decision making process? Consequently the car I choose will be vastly different than if I was planning on using it on the track or as an occasional drive on pristine, isolated country roads.

My priorities tend toward blazing acceleration, great solidity, tenacious grip and suspension adjustability from slightly comfortable to exceptionally sporty. I want my car to feel an extension of me and have it respond to my intentions with little disagreement. It has to be comfortable since it will be driven every day and the last intangible is that I anxiously anticipate getting behind the wheel and driving it? For me the 997 TTS hits all my buttons.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:31 AM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rskdsk
Yikkes harsh ... we are all car lovers here.

BTW I just bought an Evora ... It seems everybody and their grandmother owns a porsche around here ... not saying porsche is bad ... just got old for me.
Good for you. I love Lotus, what they stand for, the no compromise concentration on ride/handling. Came very close to buying an exige v6 recently. Hope you enjoy the Evora .. good looking car imho
Old 02-14-2014, 11:02 AM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

My experience with the Evora ended before the test drive. That was because they could not get the car off of the lot.

We walk up to the Evora, click the unlock button and nothing happens. Salesman thinks he has wrong key fob. Comes back and it is the right one. So he confirms that it does not work and unlocks door manually, setting off the alarm. Now, the fob works, and things are looking good. I fold into the car and notice a funny smell. He says they left the window open and some water got in. Later we find it has the water-leak issue that has since been corrected. Then he starts showing me the car. Hey, where is the dead-pedal??? Anyway, It is a hot day, and note that the passenger window won't go down. He says they are fixing that. Then We start the car and the radio won't turn on. He says a fuse blew. The AC did not seem to work and only one window goes down. It is like 100 degrees out. Finally, a tech walks over and says that we should not be driving the car because they found something else wrong with it the previous day. (I overheard that the shift linkage was broken) Salesman is now pissed because no one told him about it. We turn off car and fold back out. Close the door, hit the fob and the alarm sounds again. I am laughing at this point, but the salesman was really peeved. He said he would call me when they got the car sorted. I went home and called my porsche dealership and placed an order for a 2009 C2S. I still love the Evora, but wow, do they have to work on those things!!

Quick Reply: 991S PDK vs Lotus Evora S