Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Short Video Showing Manual Transmission 2013 Carrera S Rev Matching

Old 02-22-2013, 01:52 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

In a 991 in Sports Plus mode, does that also stiffen the PASM? If so, can you return the PASM to regular mode and still keep the other functions of Sport Plus, including the rev matching?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:09 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
In a 991 in Sports Plus mode, does that also stiffen the PASM? If so, can you return the PASM to regular mode and still keep the other functions of Sport Plus, including the rev matching?
Great question, when you put the car in Sport Plus the sport chasis mode of PASM is engaged, it turns on sport exhaust and rev-matching is also now active. You can turn off the sport exhaust and the PASM sport mode putting the chasis in regular mode via the button on the center console while still keeping rev-matching on.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:12 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Thanks
Old 02-22-2013, 02:35 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cool video, thanks for posting!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:47 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the video. It was a little hard to hear the revs but the idea is clear and narration helped too.

I assume in Sport Plus, rev matching cannot be disabled, correct? One could still do heel-toe but why would you if the transmission already rev matches for you and probably better and faster than a person could. It will be very interesting to see if this MT or a variation thereof makes it to 991 GT3/GT2 and if that would include rev matching as well.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Sulaiman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks aloooooooooooooooot bro ... you know what u just did ??? u mad me 95% now going on the Direction of M/T
Old 02-22-2013, 05:12 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Thanks
Originally Posted by hoffa
Cool video, thanks for posting!
Thanks, I hope it helps everyone understand rev-matching better if you haven't yet experienced it first hand.

Originally Posted by stronbl
Thanks for the video. It was a little hard to hear the revs but the idea is clear and narration helped too.

I assume in Sport Plus, rev matching cannot be disabled, correct? One could still do heel-toe but why would you if the transmission already rev matches for you and probably better and faster than a person could. It will be very interesting to see if this MT or a variation thereof makes it to 991 GT3/GT2 and if that would include rev matching as well.
Glad it was helpful to you.

Exactly, you can't disable rev matching when Sport Plus is on. The new 991 GT3 is only going to come with PDK, but if the new GT2 or RS is offered with a manual, it would have rev matching I would presume.

I am wondering if the new Turbo will come with a M/T, but have not heard yet. Has anyone heard rumors if it will be an option?

Originally Posted by Sulaiman
thanks aloooooooooooooooot bro ... you know what u just did ??? u mad me 95% now going on the Direction of M/T
Great! Glad it helped.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:29 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 371 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Thanks, I hope it helps everyone understand rev-matching better if you haven't yet experienced it first hand.

Glad it was helpful to you.

Exactly, you can't disable rev matching when Sport Plus is on. The new 991 GT3 is only going to come with PDK, but if the new GT2 or RS is offered with a manual, it would have rev matching I would presume.

I am wondering if the new Turbo will come with a M/T, but have not heard yet. Has anyone heard rumors if it will be an option?

Great! Glad it helped.
Cool!
Thanks!
What I'm most interested in is why are you so certain the 991 GT3 will be PDK only? Do you know something we don't know?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Angry

Originally Posted by neanicu
Cool!
Thanks!
What I'm most interested in is why are you so certain the 991 GT3 will be PDK only? Do you know something we don't know?
It's just a precognition lol. No I don't have any special info, just stuff I'm sure you've heard in the rumor mill on Teamspeed and on here, everything seems to be pointing to a PDK only GT3... What do you think?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:39 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 371 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
It's just a precognition lol. No I don't have any special info, just stuff I'm sure you've heard in the rumor mill on Teamspeed and on here, everything seems to be pointing to a PDK only GT3... What do you think?
I think Porsche will be '' hanged '' if there's no manual.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:18 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by neanicu
I think Porsche will be '' hanged '' if there's no manual.
I'm pretty sure there is going to be PDK only... The Turbo may have a manual though, haven't heard if it will or not.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Pardon me for being dense, but assuming I'm well versed at driving a MANual, and enjoy the exercise, what exactly is the exciting benefit of a computer rev matching for me. Sounds like half way to a PDK
Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by fantom
Pardon me for being dense, but assuming I'm well versed at driving a MANual, and enjoy the exercise, what exactly is the exciting benefit of a computer rev matching for me. Sounds like half way to a PDK
Probably so that Porsche marketing can entice some buyers of 991 with manual to pay up for Sport Chrono.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:45 PM
mstams
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New C7 Corvette manual is supposed to be first with rev-matching upshifts as well as downshifts. It will be interesting to see if this trend spreads...

Quick Reply: Short Video Showing Manual Transmission 2013 Carrera S Rev Matching