Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And I was hearing it was too big and well equipped..

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
Especially with the stereotypes that abound about Porsche owners. It's always best to under promise and over deliver.
ROFL
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 PM
clembo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJay
This entire "The 991 is huge" meme makes me chuckle. You see, my GF thinks it is tiny. She thinks the 997 is tiny. When she got her first look at the 991 during my second test drive her first words were, "I thought you said it was bigger?"

That's what she said...

Not the first time she said that...

etc...

just figured I would beat all the smart asses to the punch there.

"That's what she said last night"

Billy Joe Shaver
Old 02-21-2013, 11:24 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
Especially with the stereotypes that abound about Porsche owners. It's always best to under promise and over deliver.
Very well said.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by clembo
For a guy that doesn't like the 991, you sure hang around a lot on this site telling us how wrong everyone is that likes it.

I have a new Cayenne, it is great but really, Car of the Year? If it eases the pain of seeing the 991 gain another accolade, then fine, why not?

What are you going to do when Porsche starts to race the 991 and it reverses the losing tend of the 997? Will it be because all of the competion is so slow that a car with "numb steering" and a Limo wheelbase could win?

Life is short, if you hate the 991 so much buy another car. Or adopt a dog, you can fit two in a Cayenne.
I won't be too cruel and I'll assume this is simply a matter of you not bothering to read what I've posted, and you'd rather just mimic the "hive mind," but if you really have read what I wrote, you should consider your reading comprehension problem as something you can remedy with help. For example, what do you find here in my words that expresses "hate" for the 991:
"I'm no fan of the 991 as the future of the 911, though it makes a brilliant daily driver, I can't quibble about its price, performance or even its proportions. "
Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quadcammer

the bolded part is especially ridiculous
You should familiarize yourself with English as a language used beyond its most simplistic reading.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:53 PM
clembo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I won't be too cruel and I'll assume this is simply a matter of you not bothering to read what I've posted, and you'd rather just mimic the "hive mind," but if you really have read what I wrote, you should consider your reading comprehension problem as something you can remedy with help. For example, what do you find here in my words that expresses "hate" for the 991:
"I'm no fan of the 991 as the future of the 911, though it makes a brilliant daily driver, I can't quibble about its price, performance or even its proportions. "
You are not afraid to make assumptions are you. Enjoy your unhappiness.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by clembo
You are not afraid to make assumptions are you. Enjoy your unhappiness.
It was your mistaken assumptions about my post that got you into this mess – don't project your feelings onto others. I write "brilliant" and you write "hate."

Even in his most glowing review of the electric steering Porsches, the likes of Chris Harris acknowledge the numb steering, so I'm not exactly the lunatic "hater," just another person expressing their likes and dislikes about the car.

I write about the car, the manufacturer and the review, you write about me personally.

I think that about sums it up.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:38 AM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While hyperbole is an effective and often humerous literary device, it is often misconstrued when it hits cose to home. I wouldn't advise using hyperbole when your wife or girlfriend asks if her *** looks fat in this dress. I agree that personal attacks have no place here, but isn't "hive mind" a bit personal?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
You should familiarize yourself with English as a language used beyond its most simplistic reading.
and you should familiarize yourself with the difference with in person spoken conversation and text
Old 02-22-2013, 10:53 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

I like the 991 steering. Can't wait to try the steer by wire system on the new Infinity Q50. If its "Vettel" mode (that he apparently has developed) delivers, it won't be long before Porsche goes the next step and offers "Elford" and "Rohl" settings, or perhaps a dial with year makings for vintage 911 modes to select precisely the desired understeer and wheel wiggle.

Quick Reply: And I was hearing it was too big and well equipped..