Sponsored by:

Which child to kill?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 02:26 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Sounds like you already know the answer based on your loving description of the 993TT. So lose the 991. As great as the 991 is, improvements will be made every year of it's model life cycle and yours will just loose a bit more in resale value. PAG is not building anymore 993TT's and as antiquated as it might seem next to a new 991, it is a highly desirable vehicle since it's numbers keep shrinking with every year that passes.
You can always get another 991 spec'd just like you want just by stopping into your dealer, but it's a little more difficult to find the perfect classic Porsche.
I would say it is much more difficult to find a classic P car like this.
J
Old 01-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Franklin229
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Sounds like you already know the answer based on your loving description of the 993TT. So lose the 991. As great as the 991 is, improvements will be made every year of it's model life cycle and yours will just loose a bit more in resale value. PAG is not building anymore 993TT's and as antiquated as it might seem next to a new 991, it is a highly desirable vehicle since it's numbers keep shrinking with every year that passes.
You can always get another 991 spec'd just like you want just by stopping into your dealer, but it's a little more difficult to find the perfect classic Porsche.
+2
You can sell the 991 and then if you wanted to-go out and buy another one. Heck wait a few years and buy the latest model or a used one for a good discount. Sell the 993 and you will not have the same opportunity, nor will you find one that has been gone through in the same way you have yours.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 226 Likes on 146 Posts

A 991 can easily be replaced, a 993TT can't.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 AM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks all for your thoughts. I want to apologize for the title of this thread. It is pretty insensitive in light of recent events. "What car to part with" would have been much better.

I cannot build a garage or expand the one I have because I live on the water in what is called the Critical Area. My house couldn't be built where it is under current law. It took me six months to get permission to enclose my carport, which makes for a pretty small garage. Two Porsches, a Ducati and a Harley dresser crammed in there borders on the comical.

I'm also going to be 68 soon and I have way too many toys that require attention. Don't get me started on my boats. So my toys are like my brain has become, in order to learn something, I seem to forget something.

thanks again, this is a great place. I'll close the thread now cuz I don't know how to change the title.

Quick Reply: Which child to kill?