Sponsored by:

Comments on Racing Yellow with yellow interiors

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Swarskov
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comments on Racing Yellow with yellow interiors

Hi all, new to this forum and glad to read all the helpful info.

I am about to close order on my C4S and kind of struggle on the interior options.

Exterior/ Racing Yellow
Racing Yellow instrument dial

Racing Yellow dash trim and door trim as per interior package or not?? Just worry if the yellow trim look too plastic but I wonder it has the look of 'racing'

Thank you for your suggestions
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

just add yellow seat belts

and painted center console trim

and aluminium interior package
Old 01-24-2013, 12:30 PM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1^. If you want a racier look, have a look at he brushed aluminium dash and door trim or carbon fiber. I think the painted yellow interior will detract a lot from the sleek interior.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 PM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

An acquaintance once had a 987 Cayman S in Speed Yellow with the natural Coco interior. Only seatbelts in yellow as suggested already. It was a very striking custom combination not often seen. I would think Racing Yellow with an umber or espresso interior would have a similar effect. I think less is more on the colored interior bits.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Take a look at this car to get an idea...http://www.stevinsonimports.com/new/...54f343eb8c.htm
Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mtbscott
An acquaintance once had a 987 Cayman S in Speed Yellow with the natural Coco interior. Only seatbelts in yellow as suggested already. It was a very striking custom combination not often seen. I would think Racing Yellow with an umber or espresso interior would have a similar effect. I think less is more on the colored interior bits.
If I was choosing:

racing yellow
espresso interior
aluminium interior package
painted center console trim
yellow belts
Old 01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Swarskov
7th Gear

Thanks for the comments.

I have seen the yellow seat belt myself and found it not practical and easy to get dirty from sweat by hand rubbing.

With centre console in yellow, I have test drived one with that on and too plastic feel when matching with the pdk selector.

With brush alum trim, I ve been driving M3 with black leather/ alum trim for years, so I wanna make it different on my first dream porsche

The espresso leather looks great but personally don't feel it matches racing yellow exterior and the instrument dial.

Sorry for being so picky but seems I am out of options to make my perfect choices. This is the reason I join this forum and make a post.

I am so impressed of all owners in this forum. Thank you....

Still few days to go before closing ^^
Old 01-24-2013, 03:29 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Swarskov

With centre console in yellow, I have test drived one with that on and too plastic feel when matching with the pdk selector.
the center console trim is the same material as the doors/dash ... once painted, they are less plasticky and feel more substantial ..

how about some yellow contrast stitching on the top of the dash and door tops .. areas that should not be affected by dirt/sweaty hands etc.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

If it were me, I'd go with a black interior, carbon fiber dash/door/console accents, yellow seat belts and black carpets with yellow trim.

I've owned two yellow sports cars in the past and the yellow on the outside screams more than enough. All you need is just a touch of yellow on the inside. Otherwise it looks too JDM tuner-ish IMHO.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 PM
meine911
Racer

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
If it were me, I'd go with a black interior, carbon fiber dash/door/console accents, yellow seat belts and black carpets with yellow trim.

I've owned two yellow sports cars in the past and the yellow on the outside screams more than enough. All you need is just a touch of yellow on the inside. Otherwise it looks too JDM tuner-ish IMHO.
Agree. Keep it clean. BTW what wheels are you going with?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM
DBYT
Pro

Originally Posted by Mspeedster

What he ^ said plus yellow deviated stitching on the dash and seats.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I like yellow. It stands out and is different, GL
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Swarskov
7th Gear

My built

C4S
Exterior/ Racing yellow
Interior/ Black leather
Sport Design Steering, Electric Sunroof, Carrera Classic wheels, Electric side mirror,
PDK, Sport Chrono package, Racing Yellow instrument dials,
Sport PASM, TPM, Logo Crest on Headrest, light design package, smoker package,
No PDCC as I am not going to track
No PSE as I actually love the non-PSE sound after test drive...^^

I am still struggling of putting on the interior package in Racing Yellow or just having the yellow instrument dial only in the interior.

Carbon trim with black leather trim seems match IMO, anyone has photo on this combination?? thanks

I also wonder how the look will be with yellow instrument dial/ carbon trim/ sport design steering from drivers view?? Thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 PM
DBYT
Pro

I saw a 991S at the dealer a couple months ago with the black leather interior with yellow gauges, yellow belts and carbon fiber...looked very very good.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Very few people will see the interior, so have at it. I am a strong believer in getting what YOU like. Get as much yellow as your heart desires mate-you only go around once. Cheers.

Quick Reply: Comments on Racing Yellow with yellow interiors