Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love my 7MT, but I'm only 5'6'', Pedal Extension?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually...sounds like a good idea.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:19 AM
lomaxxf3
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
Hehe, well, I've driven with my clutch extender for what, several thousand sprited miles over a year or more. I'd buy one again, very happy
Nicoli35, I appreciate the posting! I'm 5' 2" driving a manual '14 Corolla. I'm tired of sitting nearly against the wheel. I was thinking of getting the pedalmate clutch extender and have some questions:

1. Is this the same product? (Cheaper price: http://www.discovermymobility.com/st...ers/index.html)
2. How wide is the anchor plate?
3. Does the extender ever get loose with use?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lomaxxf3
Nicoli35, I appreciate the posting! I'm 5' 2" driving a manual '14 Corolla. I'm tired of sitting nearly against the wheel. I was thinking of getting the pedalmate clutch extender and have some questions:

1. Is this the same product? (Cheaper price: http://www.discovermymobility.com/st...ers/index.html)
2. How wide is the anchor plate?
3. Does the extender ever get loose with use?
Hi! It looks like the correct item. I bought mine at http://www.creativecontrolsinc.com/p...pedalmates.htm which also has a few pictures of installed pedal mates.

I can't tell you how wide the anchor plate is, as I don't have the car any longer but it anchored perfectly for me.

It never got loose, not even a little bit. I removed it once or twice, and it will come off if needed. I actually sold the car with the pedal mate installed as I (slightly) modified it to accept racing pedal covers hehe.

On a side note, just got home to from spending labor day in Monterey and we drove our little '12 Golf TDI, that thing got nearly 500 miles between fill-ups and averaged 45 highway MPG.. plenty of low-end torque, just amazing!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:44 PM
lomaxxf3
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
Hi! It looks like the correct item. I bought mine at http://www.creativecontrolsinc.com/p...pedalmates.htm which also has a few pictures of installed pedal mates.

I can't tell you how wide the anchor plate is, as I don't have the car any longer but it anchored perfectly for me.

It never got loose, not even a little bit. I removed it once or twice, and it will come off if needed. I actually sold the car with the pedal mate installed as I (slightly) modified it to accept racing pedal covers hehe.

On a side note, just got home to from spending labor day in Monterey and we drove our little '12 Golf TDI, that thing got nearly 500 miles between fill-ups and averaged 45 highway MPG.. plenty of low-end torque, just amazing!
Sounds good! My clutch pedal is about 2in wide, 2.5 in tall. The distance between the clutch and break pedals is about 2.5in. wide. Do you think I could install and use the pedalmate properly?

I'm afraid the pedalmate is too big and may need modification as you did with yours.

Here are my pedals:
Old 09-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks ok to me, but I'm no expert. I'd give 'em a call and ask about returns if you aren't happy with the fit.

Quick Reply: Love my 7MT, but I'm only 5'6'', Pedal Extension?