Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final Build & Car Ordered (part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 05:32 PM
991Dreamer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Final Build & Car Ordered (part 2)

Ok, I lied, sort of. I've discovered that after submitting your order, it can be changed! Who knew? It's a good news/bad news sort of thing. Yes, some might say I'm neurotic. Well maybe. Tortured? Definitely. Clinically insane? Only a court of law can make that determination (and the jury is still out).

Latest manifistation of the Porsche Options Demons: I'm thinking of switching my exterior color to Dark Blue Metallic and interior to Beige. I drove a Carrera yesterday in So. Cal. that had beige interior and I didn't notice any of the reflection problems that have been widely discussed.

So my question is, do any of you have this color combo and has it worked out as well as you thought? Any other comments are also welcome.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:50 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

I like beige interior, just not how Porsche does it. I think it needs more contrast.

I'd only do black or blue (with white or black exterior).

Black will be far better for resale.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:02 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by 991Dreamer
I'm thinking of switching my exterior color to Dark Blue Metallic and interior to Beige. I drove a Carrera yesterday in So. Cal. that had beige interior and I didn't notice any of the reflection problems that have been widely discussed.

So my question is, do any of you have this color combo and has it worked out as well as you thought? Any other comments are also welcome.
Beige, white and lighter grays are handsome with almost all colors- but definitely take more of an effort to keep looking like new than darker colors.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if you're worried about reflection, get the black/beige interior
Old 12-20-2012, 08:16 PM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

man, i've just been through this, you are definitely in porsche options purgatory! good luck 991dreamer...
Old 12-20-2012, 09:05 PM
991Dreamer
Instructor

yea, it's killin' me. But at least I know of those who can relate.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:26 PM
2wheels4me
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blue with beige interior is a classic and classy combo for nice cars. Do consider the black/beige two-tone interior too. Try it on the configurator.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 PM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have DBM with beige interior and I love the combo. The is a bit of dash glare but not too bad. If I could have gotten a slightly darker tan interior like cognac, I would have done so.
Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2012, 12:04 AM
991Dreamer
Instructor

Gorgeous car dbyt. That's what I'm looking for in mine! Thanks for the pic. Are your seatbelts red?

Last edited by 991Dreamer; 12-21-2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: additional remark
Old 12-21-2012, 09:42 AM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 991Dreamer
Gorgeous car dbyt. That's what I'm looking for in mine! Thanks for the pic. Are your seatbelts red?
Yes, I have red seat belts, carbon fibre and red deviated stitching.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:02 AM
docmalone
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

One thing I always have to say, and it is definitely the wife and mother coming out in me, is that if you wear blue jeans often like most guys I know do, do not get beige interior. But I know what you are going through, I almost killed myself trying to decide between aqua blue and white exterior. I can verify that whichever you choose, you will honestly say "I am so glad I picked this color!!" The cars are so awesome that you will be instantly in love.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Joseph O'Reilly
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DBM/Beige is a great combo, much classier than the bruise color combo (black and blue). But that is only my opinion and color preference is subjective! There will indeed be some discoloration over time from jeans etc, but it is a car, not a baby, so don't sweat it and enjoy the beige.
And the picture of DBM/Beige above is great, but why oh why didn't porsche go more fully back to the 993 style side mirrors? Maybe the 993s were too small? The 991s are closer than the previous two generations, but the 993s were perfection, aesthetically.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:10 PM
991Dreamer
Instructor

Any difference with the blue jean thing on standard leather seats v full leather?
Old 12-21-2012, 12:39 PM
docmalone
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I only brought up the light color with jeans because my husband wears jeans constantly and within just 2 to 3 months we had the dreaded stained leather. It happened on our Jag (the leather was almost white; our fault, really)'and on our family Cadillac which is real leather and tan colored. Nothing we tried removed the discoloration. My husband now buys the formfitting seat covers, which I hate because you don't see the beauty of the car. We have never had a beige Porsche interior and it may be just dark enough to escape this. It was particularly upsetting on the Jag because that car was in 991 territory price range and we ruined our seat
Old 12-21-2012, 01:41 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by docmalone
I only brought up the light color with jeans because my husband wears jeans constantly and within just 2 to 3 months we had the dreaded stained leather. It happened on our Jag (the leather was almost white; our fault, really)'and on our family Cadillac which is real leather and tan colored. Nothing we tried removed the discoloration. My husband now buys the formfitting seat covers, which I hate because you don't see the beauty of the car. We have never had a beige Porsche interior and it may be just dark enough to escape this. It was particularly upsetting on the Jag because that car was in 991 territory price range and we ruined our seat
This is precisely the reason I put up with black seats in summer here in the south. Light leather seats get very easily stained. It takes a lot of constant care to keep them free of jean marks. I wear jeans whenever I can. The jeans leave marks regardless of color but the only ones I find acceptable are black because after cleaning whatever stains remain are not readily visible. I can see them on any other color although I have never had a blue interior like doc's so I don't know how blue works with blue jeans. Also, this happens with all grades of leather AFAIK (although I am no leather expert).

Quick Reply: Final Build & Car Ordered (part 2)