Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PICKING UP PORSCHE this week ANY advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 02:39 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SiNi
Probably Gary. I am insured through Porsche Insurance UK. In the event of a write-off (totalled), this includes "new" for "old" when the car is up to 1 year old. Beyond that you only get the car's current market value.

I think I paid a one-off payment of around £700 for gap insurance. This is for 3 years of cover deferred for 1 year so that up to 4 years old I would get the value of new car if the worse happened - God forbid!
Thank you. Something new out there to be learned every day.

Gary
Old 12-16-2012, 04:02 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by peterm
to me lease= no bra. Will you own or lease? Makes little sense to protect the car for the next owner

Re: tire insurance- we've had this discussion before- ive picked up 2 nails so far and had them patched (not plugged)- everyone except PCNA will tell you thats ok and does not reduce the speed rating for the tire. Also the tire warranty may require only going back to the dealer and then you need deal with tire availabilty as well as getting a service appointment- quite a hassle factor. My tire guy is 10 minutes away and drops off the car when its fixed
Nope, with tire warranty you can take to any tire shop, as long as you have your insurance info. IMO, tire warranty is a must for these cars. I recovered my money first 2 times the tire got replaced in exchange flat.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:03 PM
SiNi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fester
Nope, with tire warranty you can take to any tire shop, as long as you have your insurance info. IMO, tire warranty is a must for these cars. I recovered my money first 2 times the tire got replaced in exchange flat.
+1

No way I would ever drive this car with a patched tyre!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:29 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile...
Old 12-19-2012, 11:52 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Post pics!

Quick Reply: PICKING UP PORSCHE this week ANY advice?