Sponsored by:

More pics of Cab S with sport design package

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 12:27 PM
docmalone
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Default More pics of Cab S with sport design package

I wanted to give some feedback to the forum on some of the options chosen on this car. I picked the Sport Design Package and I think it speaks for itself in the aesthetics department. I have not scraped the ground at all, including my own driveway where my R8 front fascia does, so big sigh of relief there.
I also had a tough time on full leather versus partial, and on Premium Package Plus or not.
Full leather is beautiful due to the stitching and the rich finished look. Adding the crests to the center console and headrests adds to the rich finish for relatively little cost. I did not have full leather on my 997 and my opinion is that the difference is huge with respect to the quality of finish. I feel like I am sitting in a 100k+ car, where previously the interior did not stand out. Also there was some talk floating out there that the Yachting blue may not be a good color, but anyone interested in it I would say do NOT go by pictures. Look in person. The blue is deep and rich and not bright as it will appear in a flash picture. I am thrilled with the deep blue.
I did not upgrade to the adaptive sport seats and I am extremely pleased with the power sport seats. These are so comfortable and fit me like a glove.
I did chose the premium plus package because in Texas I was adamant to get the ventilated seats and wanted the new entry system. So far I haven't had any issues with the entry system and love not having to dig my keys out of bag/pocket/briefcase. Very glad Porsche has this option.
As far as sport chrono package or not, I felt like why get an S if you don't "get all the goodies"; I have not used sport Plus yet (gonna baby the car for 2k miles) but am happy that the clock now actually has a clock, so it is useful.
I also noticed right away that the headlights now have an auto selection and for those of us who got spoiled to this on our American cars this was nice to see.
One last thought on steering wheels; the most common choice is the sport design hands down, but I am sooooo happy I got the multifunction steering wheel. I can sit in that car with no reading or instruction and do anything I want from my right thumb. Awesome!!
Sorry for the indulgent pictures! I am just so enjoying this magnificent car!!

Last edited by docmalone; 08-23-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:06 PM
DHill
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!! Great Pics and Options write-up!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

-

Lovely cab - congrats. I appreciate the photos of the blue leather interior, IMO it seems very elegant and entirely consistent w/ a car at this price point.

And totally agree re Premium Plus as the ventilated seats are not superfluous in the TX climate; just be careful not to spill fluids etc! A colleague of mine just bought a new high-end Bimmer w/ this feature and - say it ain't so - picked up nachos and spilled the liquid cheese (ugh) on the seats. Nightmare. I'm sure you would't follow this practice.

Yep, very handy to have the easy entry and go - I have this kind of access on 2 of my cars and it's handy to merely hold the briefcase near the car and open. Just be careful to keep track of your keys.

Enjoy your Cab S w/ sport design pkg - the latter gives it some of that classic '70s look.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:22 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Looks superb in every way! The Sport Design package looks way better than any of the aftermarket bodywork mods and the white/blue is very classy. I have not seen one like it so it looks totally bespoke to me!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:04 PM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking cab!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:15 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts

Damn sweet! ( My, I really want one,... hmm.)
Great car, nice pics.
Thx
Old 12-02-2012, 07:19 PM
ArashApollo
Instructor

Love the white dials and sport design package! If I had gotten white I would've also gone with the blue interior. great choices.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Stunning. Congrats, and best of luck.

Step into my office for some clear sidemarkers this week.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 12-03-2012, 01:52 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, that is one beautiful cab. Thanks for the pics
Old 12-03-2012, 10:51 AM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Gorgeous build. How does it compare to your R8?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:00 AM
docmalone
Racer

I am having a hard time believing how much my spouse and I both prefer driving the 991 over the R8. In fairness, the R8 automatic version we have is rough on a daily driver. The visibility, steering feel, top-down driving and seating to me are all better in the 991. The R8 just cannot be beat by anything on the sound of the engine. And you will get gawkers and picture takers every time in the R8 but not so much the 991 (familiarity with the styles I am sure).
We will see how this pans out once we have the 991 for a few thousand miles.
Oh, and ground clearance on the R8 is LIMITED, the 991 has better clearance (we did not get the upgraded suspension just the S standard)
Old 12-03-2012, 11:32 AM
991Dreamer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy s@$t! Forget the car, great looking house. Seriously, car looks fantastic. You're making me reconsider my silver/black choice.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 AM
HotLap
Racer

Congrats on your new Cab S - it's a beauty!! I almost went with the silver with the blue interior and top, it was a beauty as well. Two words for ya..."clear corners"! Will really make the front end look better!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:58 PM
991Dreamer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

doc,

Did you do a custom white color on your georgeous car? Also, any issues with windshild glare and your blue interior?
Old 12-03-2012, 03:09 PM
docmalone
Racer

No custom color; this is the new white for 2013 which is a bright clean almost "blue-tinged" white. I love love love it. The blue interior is darker with a bit of a gray cast in person (pictures just cannot capture the color) and I have no glare. Also it is dark enough to not worry about blue jeans rubbing off like it will with real light colors. One other big plus to the 991 I haven't raved about yet is that your visibility of all the gauges and dials is not affected at all by opening the top; in my R8 you cannot see your nav AT ALL due to the angle of the display. The sun just obliterates it. Someone really interested in the blue may want to deviate their carpet to black (I didn't cause I am a blue freak) so you get symmetry with the headliner, which is black.

Quick Reply: More pics of Cab S with sport design package