Sponsored by:

PCM Sound Quit

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 09:57 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
My PCM did this today. worked fine, then would not play music, but the phone and nav worked. so annoying. did multiple restarts of the car.
anyone find a definitive fix or answer?
Mine did this for the first time on Thursday - are they programmed to burp like this on nearly the same day LOL!

Turned it off, started it up later and it worked fine. Worked fine yesterday and all day today. PCM bugs, I suppose...
Old 02-26-2017, 12:32 AM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxr
press and hold Info and Sound buttons together for about 10-15 seconds. It will reboot.
nice. i'll try this if it happens again. cheers
Old 04-08-2017, 11:18 PM
Sichigo
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxr
press and hold Info and Sound buttons together for about 10-15 seconds. It will reboot.
Thanks! This fixed my PCM.
​​​​​
Old 04-09-2017, 01:00 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Mine did this for the first time on Thursday - are they programmed to burp like this on nearly the same day LOL!
Maybe, if you have sat radio. There have been reports of SiriusXM sending out updates that have hosed the PCM.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:39 PM
alma99
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine stopped working today for some reason. It sounds like the speakers are under the water. Any idea? I did the reboot as suggested above.
The following users liked this post:
Combalecer (10-20-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 02:43 PM
alma99
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alma99
Mine stopped working today for some reason. It sounds like the speakers are under the water. Any idea? I did the reboot as suggested above.
Just an update to this. Started the car again today, the next day, and it all worked fine again. Very odd
Old 10-20-2019, 10:53 PM
Combalecer
7th Gear

Default PCM sound quit

My used 2012 991.1 S makes this same underwater speaker sound also. It is intermittent and resolves after a few minutes or after turning off and letting vehicle sit.
Any fixes or updates on this issue?
Old 10-23-2019, 10:16 PM
rustybuckets
2nd Gear

I previously experienced the strange "underwater" speaker issue a few times a month in my newer to me 2014 C4S with Bose radio. The speaker output would initially be normal in the On position, but then go "underwater" when the key was turned to Start. Then, all sound from every input was "underwater". It would only return to normal after turning the car off for a while. My dealer couldn't find the issue or even observe it happening and tried reloading PCM software but the issue still occurred. Months later it eventually resolved itself on its own. This may be helpful or just coincidence, but I believe that I have had zero occurrences ever since I let my Satellite radio subscription expire. Hope that helps and please update if you get anywhere with this issue. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:11 AM
twaite01
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

In three years I’ve had the no sound but with the screen working issue happen twice. Both “fixed” when I restarted the car after my errand was done, at least 15-20 minutes. Trying to restart the car right away doesn’t do it. Never tried the reboot, hopefully won’t have to try that in the future.

I had one interesting time where I had sound but with no screen, totally black. PCM wouldn’t show anything: no navigation, no car info, no radio, etc. But the sound worked fine. Quick restart of PCM fixed that.

Dealer says the unit tests out fine, no codes. Just a weird glitch, I wonder if there is a firmware update that would eliminate this? Don’t want to pay for it though, this happens so infrequently and many times I have PCM off anyway and just listen to the car.

Quick Reply: PCM Sound Quit