Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mexico Blue C4S with Carrera Red Leather interior

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Dan@SCB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its too much red, the carbon will tone it down a bit. But having Black Carpeting insted of Red carpiting will tone it down really nice. I like boht Full Red and Red with Black Carpiting. Seen both.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by iLeo
I'd say this car (http://www.flickr.com/photos/beverly...sches/page109/) can easily have red interior!
Yes, that car could have a red interior. But then that car is way over the top "as is". IMO - If it had been done with the GT3 RS & checkered stripe decals in black and with black rims, the whole car would have looked so much nicer. (BTW, looks like that one is Riviera Blue, not Mexico, but the two colors are close.)
Old 11-23-2012, 02:41 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by iLeo
which one is it then?? I got that when I searched google for Mexico Blue Porsche!!
The original question was about Aqua Blue with red leather. The Gulf Blue is not at all similar. To me, its pastel and light with white in it, and fairly harmonious with red, while the Aqua is at the other end of the scale. I find it to be more in competition with the red leather, so sort of jarring more than striking. But I went for silver over black so may mot be qualified to comment about colors!
Old 11-23-2012, 04:10 PM
iLeo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, from the post's question I thought he meant Mexico blue, not Aqua:

"Anyone think this is too crazy? Planning European delivery and always loved the red leather with carbon fibre, had it in my 1997 Boxster. Really like Mexico Blue too. The Aqua Blue with Red looks good, so why not this?"

Anyways, no big deal.

But the coincidence is:
Just last week I've changed my order from Basalt Black with Carrera Red Interior, to Aqua Blue with Carrera Red Interior!
Good news is: That happened after I saw this color combination in reality under bright sunshine. I never thought it'd work, but when I saw it I liked it!
I admit, it's not as contrasting, and stunning as black/ red, or white/red, but nevertheless, it looked good, at least for my taste.
Can't promise pictures before April though
Old 11-23-2012, 04:27 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

How about Maritime blue? It's a bit darker and a 964 RS color.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:26 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

iLEO - good choice.

David A - I need to look up Maritime blue.

Leaning towards Expresso with CF.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: Mexico Blue C4S with Carrera Red Leather interior