Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to place an order, input needed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Mark GT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready to place an order, input needed.

I’m about to place an order for a C4S and would really appreciate any insight into the spec below, especially the options that I’m still unsure of. This car does not need to do the job of the (heavily modified for the track) RS or the (used for club racing) Cup car. It will be used for occasional commuting, on the weekends and also driven by my wife.

Thanks in advance for any input.

White with no sunroof
20-inch Carrera S wheels in black with 5mm spacers
Black standard or full leather interior?
Premium package or premium package plus?
Bose audio
Deletion of model designation and PORSCHE in black
Park assist (front and rear)
Electric folding exterior mirrors
PDK
PASM
PDCC?
Sport chrono
Sport exhaust
Powerkit?
Smoking package? (for the 12V charger and center console finish, not because we are smokers)
Instrument dials in white
Sport chrono dial in white
Seat belts in guards red
Sport design steering wheel
Storage compartment lid with model logotype
Porsche crest on headrests
Brushed aluminum interior package
Center console trim in brushed aluminum
Pedals and footrest in aluminum
Door sill guards in stainless steel?
European delivery – Zuffenhausen
Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 310 Likes on 185 Posts

Full leather- with heated and cooled seats make for perfect commuter and tripper.
PDCC? I prefer Sport PASM instead, for perfect stance and feel without much ride penalty.
Dynamic headlights (can't recall the acronym). They are great and look perfect with white as they have dark liners and black accents.
The various packages come with different interior lighting (I think). I have ambient lighting here and there and the effect is really nice.
The standard door sills have black with stainless look inserts- would look great with white car and black interior.
No idea re powerkit- . but not getting it would pay for everything else I can think of!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

definitely full leather interior, it transform the interior removing large expanses of plastic

get the light design package .. lovely additional soft lights in the interior at night

powerkit additional hp is all at the top end, 6000rpm and above. since not track car, probabaly not required. powerkit includes PSE and SCP

door sills in stainless steel, a great idea. standard items are metal look, like the dash and door trim.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 AM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going for red belts, I would recommend that you go for the full leather interior with red stitching. If you do a search on here or 6speedonline.com, you will find a couple of 991s with black leather interior and red stitching and they look stunning.

As regards the other options, the glass roof is very nice. SPASM is a 280 option which is totally worth it...the stance of the car is just right IMHO.

Best of luck
Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 AM
DBYT
Pro

Search for Betternotbigger's first post on is red cab and you will see what red stitching on black looks like.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 AM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Full leather for sure
Someone posted some pics of a full tan leather interior with deviated red stitching, looked incredible.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:06 AM
DBYT
Pro

Originally Posted by limey940
Full leather for sure
Someone posted some pics of a full tan leather interior with deviated red stitching, looked incredible.
Thanks limey940 for the compliment.

Here is the black leather interior with red stitching: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=42630
Old 11-14-2012, 01:15 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DBYT
Thanks limey940 for the compliment.

Here is the black leather interior with red stitching: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=42630
wow, that is incredible, i had actually missed this post, im sure i wasnt imagining some pics of a tan interior with red stitching, it looked very ferrariesque....i will try and find the link
Old 11-14-2012, 01:16 PM
DBYT
Pro

Originally Posted by limey940
wow, that is incredible, i had actually missed this post, im sure i wasnt imagining some pics of a tan interior with red stitching, it looked very ferrariesque....i will try and find the link
Limey940,
You were thinking of my car. I have the beige interior with red stitching and carbon fibre seat backs.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:20 PM
DBYT
Pro

Here you go
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
hlee1169
Pro

I have PDCC, Preminum pkg plus, and smoking pkg. Love these options and have no regrets, especially PDCC.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Rich.
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Mark,

Forgot to mention, now that we have full leather in there. Dev Stitch is a real nice touch. For some, it is a little much, but I think it gives the interior a little more life. Talk soon.

Rich
Old 11-15-2012, 12:01 AM
PVP2
AutoX

Think about Cabriolet. It is fantastic on the 991. Maybe I'm in the minority but I have no use for PSE. I like the full leather, platinum grey. I have pdcc and happy to have it, but I probably wouldn't miss it. Euro Delivery is great. Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed ours. I don't have power kit and don't miss it.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Mark GT3
Instructor

Thanks for all your input. It was really helpful in finalizing the order. Here is what I ended up with. We'll be picking the car up in early February Rich at New Country has been great putting this all together for me.

White with no sunroof
20-inch Carrera S wheels (in black) with 5mm spacers
Full leather interior with pebble grey deviated stitching (has anyone seen this and if so what do you think?)
Premium package plus with 18-way seats
Bose audio
Headlamp washers in exterior color
Deletion of model designation (PORSCHE in black)
Park assist (front and rear)
Electric folding exterior mirrors
PDK
PDCC with PASM
Sport chrono
Sport exhaust
Smoking package
Instrument dials in white
Sport chrono dial in white
Seat belts in guards red
Sport design steering wheel with pebble grey deviated stitching
Storage compartment lid with model logotype
Porsche crest on headrests
Brushed aluminum interior package
Center console trim in brushed aluminum
Pedals and footrest in aluminum
European delivery – Zuffenhausen
Old 11-24-2012, 11:22 AM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My thoughts:

Definitely Full Leather.

Ventilated Seats (Premium Plus Package w/ 18 way seats the best option)

Smoking Package: Are you sure you really need that 12V power point for something that others in the car wont do? Sure, it looks better but that small cubbyhole will be very useful in dropping small nick naks, receipts, change etc. There is not a whole lotta space in the car.

PDCC & Powerkit: Can't say how beneficial these might be to your specific needs & wants, but if you want PDCC, go for it. On the powerkit.. If you want or need this, are you sure that a 4S is the best choice? Would you not be happier in a turbo? whether the 997 or wait for the 991 version?

I will not comment on your aesthetic choices, since they are yours and yours alone, but I will say that the brushed trim is a good idea, atleast from a functional point of view.

Quick Reply: Ready to place an order, input needed.