Sponsored by:

First 991 service (campaigns)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:46 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First 991 service (campaigns)

I just gave my car to dealer for its first oil change/service at around 15900 kms. Got a replacement 2012 panamera 4 with just 3600 kms on it.
Earlier my car had been in for fuel line recall and other front end software updates.
So my reason for post is I asked about campaigns to be done this time. FYI, they are as follows:
1. Body seal
2. Change over valves
3. air conditioning line
4. PCM updates ( i assume this will happen on every service visit with porsche)
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
I just gave my car to dealer for its first oil change/service at around 15900 kms. Got a replacement 2012 panamera 4 with just 3600 kms on it.
Earlier my car had been in for fuel line recall and other front end software updates.
So my reason for post is I asked about campaigns to be done this time. FYI, they are as follows:
1. Body seal
2. Change over valves
3. air conditioning line
I have had all of those done. All good.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:32 PM
upbull340
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
1. Body seal
2. Change over valves
3. air conditioning line
I'm scheduled for #2 in two weeks. The other day I received a coolant system error message. Dealer checked it out today and said there are no leaks but I need to have change over valves replaced. He estimated two + hours. Service also said they would do the software update (#4).

My 991 was built in early March.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:45 PM
jester
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does "body seal" mean?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:12 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by jester
What does "body seal" mean?
Apparently early build cars had defective rubber seals and sealants in the front trunk space and near the cowl. One guy on here had his Burmeister get wet and replaced. I had no problems, but really had not driven it much in the rain.

My car was sent to a body shop, where all the parts in the "frunk" were removed and I am not certain just what was replaced. It did not entail window seals. The tech at the dealer told me it went with a box full of parts and a detailed instruction manual.

It came back looking as new as the day I got it, with a slight smell off fresh sealant for a few days.

Quick Reply: First 991 service (campaigns)