Custom 4S Build Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 11:09 PM
RapidRS
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom 4S Build Help

Hi.

I currently have an Audi RS5 on order but I'm thinking about switching to a 4S. I live in Western South Dakota. I want the car to be my daily driver 97% of the time. On really heavy snow days I can take one of our 4WD or AWD trucks/SUVs.

Here's my current build plan:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PDU3QHY6

911 Carrera 4S
Burmester® Audio Package P3A
Premium Package Plus P39
Aqua Blue Metallic D2
Black / Platinum Grey leather interior BR
Sunroof in glass 653
Electric folding exterior mirrors 748
ParkAssist (front and rear) 636
Deletion of Model Designation 498
Sport Exhaust System 176
Sport Chrono Package 640
Power Steering Plus 658
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) 352
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250
20-inch SportDesign wheel 428
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest 446
Power Sport Seats (14-way) P06
Smoking package 583
Interior Leather
SportDesign steering wheel 840
Two-tone leather interior 970
Online Services UN1

Any thoughts?

Notes:

I specifically did not choose SPASM for better clearance, especially in snow.

I did choose PDCC for maximum ride comfort on rough roads.

I will almost certainly never track the car but I do like to drive fast through the hills.

I would plan to drive the car to places like Denver (about 400 miles away) for long weekends.

Whether I go with the 4S or the RS5 I plan to look for a Turbo S in 2 years for my 50th birthday present.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:11 PM
RapidRS
2nd Gear

Default PRICING

I'm not in a huge hurry.

I plan to shop the bid around and expect to get about 5% off MSRP even though at least one of the nearby dealers in Denver claims they sell all Porsches at MSRP.

Any thoughts on pricing?

Is there any advantage to a dealer losing a sale they might still make several thousand on? Especially when I'm coming from out-of-state and won't have ready access to the dealership? Do they lose allocation slots are can they sell as many as they want?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

pdcc just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense on these already very very flat cars. add to that the comments of a number of reviews that it further disconnects the experience. i had it in my first Cayenne - a turbo - didn't like it enough to care that is was not on my GTS when i traded.

the mutli function is pretty handy & i find heated steering wheel is handy even with gloves on.

if i could add something to mine it would be ventilated seats on top of the heated. would have been handy this summer.

i love the colour combo

the leather rear tunnell along with the crested arm rest is a cheap nice looking option. & lastly the extended leather dash covers that huge piece of plastic around the sport chrono - i am not a plastic fan!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:14 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PDCC will not add anything to the comfort, take away a few cheap thrills and add to complexitiy and weight (hydraulic system). I would skip it.
Personally I would also skip Power steering plus.. the PTV plus that comes standard should be more than helpful in turning into tight parking spaces if that is what your concern is.

I find the sports exhaust useless noise, but most here will disagree with me and you may love it,so.. YMMV.

Finally if you are going to smoke in your car, the smoking package makes sense.. if you are just doing it for the "finished look" thats your choice, but in this case you might find the open cubbyhole to put random small things like receipts, some change etc.. very handy.

Quick Reply: Custom 4S Build Help