991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FEW questions about buying a porsche

Old 09-11-2012, 10:12 AM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck on your new Porsche, I'm on my second now and they are great cars...I agree with the rest of the responders, once you drive a Porsche it's hard to drive anything else. My suv hardley gets any use these days, I've even taken the Porsche to Home Depot a few times and loaded her up (eek)!

I can't believe that a dealer would keep your deposit...is that even legal? Out here in SoCal that is not the way we do it at all, they may ask for a deposit, that you can negotiate down, but it has always been 100% refundable. They won't even finalize the deal until the actual car arrives and is on the lot...I don't think it is legal for a dealer to sell you a car that is not built yet (i.e., doesn't exist) so you have to wait until it arrives. If this is the case how can a dealer keep a deposit on something you can't buy yet...if you were going to order a bizzare color scheme/options combo, I can see a dealer hesitatiing...but keeping a deposit doesn't sound legit...
Old 09-14-2012, 09:53 PM
jmsc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told many years ago to contact the Comm Of MV or the Attorney General's Office in your state to get the definitive answer on deposits. That's what I did.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HotLap
Good luck on your new Porsche, I'm on my second now and they are great cars...I agree with the rest of the responders, once you drive a Porsche it's hard to drive anything else.
Whew..amen. Porsche totally ruined me on any other car. Ahhwell

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FEW questions about buying a porsche