Sponsored by:

Protecting the 911

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Porschegaleno
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Protecting the 911

I was wondering how do you guys protect your "BABIES" from thieves? The car alarm that comes with the 991...is it good enough? How easy is to steal a 911? Im thinking in buying a 991 and I have begun reading this excellent forum. Im learning a lot from all you guys and I thank all of you for this great service that you all guys provide.
Another question I have is about the discount on the MRSP? Some people say is possible to get one.... others say is not possible. So if it is not possible what's the point to asking for a "quote" if you already know the price. Any good dealers in the Virginia, Maryland, Carolinas area? Thanks guys!!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 AM
mikegee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had several porsches, and quite frankly, I just insure them. I try not to park in a high risk place, but if thieves want your car they have the tools to defeat any device.

I got a good discount on mine, but I am a "frequent buyer". Great deals can be had by buying what's on the lot, if you find one you like. This can get you a good deal and also helps to insure allocation for the dealer. In my experience good deals can be made
Old 09-04-2012, 10:59 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

I agree with mikegee. Anti thieft devices are made to discourage what police euphemistically refer to as "joy riders." If a professional car thief wants your car, he'll get it. Discounts will vary area to area, dealer to dealer, and in the northeast to time of year. The differance between the invoice and MSRP is aound 12 - 13%. You should be able to get at least 5% off MSRP if you shop around.

Quick Reply: Protecting the 911