Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 Aerokit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 02:37 PM
ltdodge
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 80 Posts

if you go with the techart wing, there is no spoiler motor to remove, just install the wing and reprogram so it wont lift. It makes the install much easier with techart than the aerokit
Old 01-05-2017, 03:21 PM
911sAce
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh I have the OEM Cup Aerokit Spoiler from Suncoast. http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991CUPWING.html
Old 04-04-2017, 12:39 AM
911sAce
Intermediate

I was wondering if someone can help me out..I finally got to installing my wing. Only 3 steps remain...the sunroof module which I will most likely bring to a shop since i don't like messing with the trim roof area. 2nd is the changing of the electric wire harness which is where I am at. And 3rd is the re-programming with a PIWIS which I will also bring to the shop. My main question on the electric wire harness is what is the passenger compartment, left mean in this diagram:

It clearly states to remove left front seat which is driver side seat in the US. The picture even shows you the arm rest on the upper right. Then it points to the main wire harness (2) in the picture. And it has in parentheses (passenger compartment, left). I thought it was the driver side and not the passenger side.
Please help.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:53 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 911sAce
I was wondering if someone can help me out..I finally got to installing my wing. Only 3 steps remain...the sunroof module which I will most likely bring to a shop since i don't like messing with the trim roof area. 2nd is the changing of the electric wire harness which is where I am at. And 3rd is the re-programming with a PIWIS which I will also bring to the shop. My main question on the electric wire harness is what is the passenger compartment, left mean in this diagram:

It clearly states to remove left front seat which is driver side seat in the US. The picture even shows you the arm rest on the upper right. Then it points to the main wire harness (2) in the picture. And it has in parentheses (passenger compartment, left). I thought it was the driver side and not the passenger side.
Please help.
Passenger compartment left IS the driver side of the passenger compartment in LHD cars.... Am I misunderstanding your question? Everyone is a passenger in the passenger compartment regardless of what position they are located.... even the driver.

Last edited by plenum; 04-04-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:07 AM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I wish I could help cuz I just did my spoiler a couple weeks ago but I didn't have to do that step. This applies to your car right?

5 ONLY for vehicles UP TO production week 18 in
2012 and BEFORE the following VINs/production
numbers:
Vehicle type VIN Production No.
911 (991) USA WPO CA2 A9 4CS 14 0435 962 1107
Old 04-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,332 Likes on 751 Posts

I was wondering if someone can help me out..I finally got to installing my wing. Only 3 steps remain...the sunroof module which I will most likely bring to a shop since i don't like messing with the trim roof area. 2nd is the changing of the electric wire harness which is where I am at. And 3rd is the re-programming with a PIWIS which I will also bring to the shop. My main question on the electric wire harness is what is the passenger compartment, left mean in this diagram: It clearly states to remove left front seat which is driver side seat in the US. The picture even shows you the arm rest on the upper right. Then it points to the main wire harness (2) in the picture. And it has in parentheses (passenger compartment, left). I thought it was the driver side and not the passenger side. Please help.
Just an FYI. I had my Aerokit installed last year. I went o the dealer to change the sunroof module. They told me it was not necessary. That it was for excessive speeds and I don't track the car and wouldn't with the sunroof open anyway. Just my case and my dealer thought the new module was wasting money. I don't get any excessive noise or issues with stability.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,188 Likes on 714 Posts

delete
Old 04-04-2017, 06:28 PM
911sAce
Intermediate

Default Thanks plenum!

Originally Posted by plenum
Passenger compartment left IS the driver side of the passenger compartment in LHD cars.... Am I misunderstanding your question? Everyone is a passenger in the passenger compartment regardless of what position they are located.... even the driver.
thanks for clarifying for me. I never really call the driver side "passenger compartment" since to me driver side is driver side and passenger side is passenger side. 😊
But I get it now.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:30 PM
911sAce
Intermediate

Originally Posted by -Ryan-
I wish I could help cuz I just did my spoiler a couple weeks ago but I didn't have to do that step. This applies to your car right?

5 ONLY for vehicles UP TO production week 18 in
2012 and BEFORE the following VINs/production
numbers:
Vehicle type VIN Production No.
911 (991) USA WPO CA2 A9 4CS 14 0435 962 1107
yeah I checked my production date and it was April,2012 sigh. So I think it applies. My 3rd brake light on my new Wing does not currently work so I am hoping this re-wiring is the missing link.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:31 PM
911sAce
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Just an FYI. I had my Aerokit installed last year. I went o the dealer to change the sunroof module. They told me it was not necessary. That it was for excessive speeds and I don't track the car and wouldn't with the sunroof open anyway. Just my case and my dealer thought the new module was wasting money. I don't get any excessive noise or issues with stability.
i hear ya pennS. I do track my car every now and then but also would not have the sunroof open either. But I might just get it done along with the PIWIS reprogramming.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:38 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

yeah I checked my production date and it was April,2012 sigh. So I think it applies. My 3rd brake light on my new Wing does not currently work so I am hoping this re-wiring is the missing link.
My 3rd brake light didn't work until the dealer programmed the car for the spoiler. I would think the car is currently trying to send the signal to where the brake light was on the engine cover.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:21 PM
911sAce
Intermediate

Originally Posted by -Ryan-
My 3rd brake light didn't work until the dealer programmed the car for the spoiler. I would think the car is currently trying to send the signal to where the brake light was on the engine cover.
oh that's interesting... but since my car is before the 18 weeks of production in 2012 and the VIN Is before the one specified, I don't think I can skip the re-wiring part. But I would be pretty upset if the re-wiring doesn't fix my light issue.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:42 PM
911sAce
Intermediate

oh that's interesting... but since my car is before the 18 weeks of production in 2012 and the VIN Is before the one specified, I don't think I can skip the re-wiring part. But I would be pretty upset if the re-wiring doesn't fix my light issue.
i do have another question for anyone who has removed their seat in the past... there's carpeting that is covering the electronic control module. There is a cut out of it but it is more like preforated. Am I supposed to cut the rest so I can actually open it up?

Last edited by 911sAce; 04-04-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,332 Likes on 751 Posts

i hear ya pennS. I do track my car every now and then but also would not have the sunroof open either. But I might just get it done along with the PIWIS reprogramming.
Good luck Aerokit is a great add.
Attached Images   
Old 04-04-2017, 09:05 PM
ltdodge
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 80 Posts

my car is a April 2012 production as well and i installed the aerokit rear spoiler and my 3rd brake light works. I did not install the sunroof module.

agree with PENNS that its a great add. I removed my techart one and went with the aerokit. I ended painting the rear in black.
Attached Images    
The following users liked this post:
edirtaynine (10-26-2020)

Quick Reply: 991 Aerokit Installation