Old 08-06-2012, 06:51 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default XPEL Headlight Protection Kit Installation Video

XPEL's New Headlight Installation Video

We recently posted our latest headlight kit installation video to demonstate how easy it is to apply this product to your Porsche.

The most common issue seen with composite headlamps is the sandblasting caused by rocks, road salt, debris and sand. This pitting and cracking not only affects the appearance, but it also reduces the performance of your lights. In some extreme cases, more commonly seen with fog lights mounted near to the ground, this can actually cause the lights to crack, allowing moisture to form inside the lens.

XPEL film is designed to protect from all of these elements. In fact, it can actually help restore lights that are showing signs of wear from pitting.

Acting like a wax, the adhesive fills in the surface defects, creating a shiny consistent surface while protecting from any further damage.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 PM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts

Ok, sounds like a good idea and looks easy enough to do, so I'll put a couple of concerns out there:
My clear film installer did me the unexpected "favor" of installing film on the headlights of one of my cars. Looked fine, but when the headlights were on, the adhesive imperfections and film distortions were clearly visible and looked shabby. Would this kit give the same result?
Also, the 991 owners manual clearly warns against putting any film on the headlights - what is Porsche so concerned about and I'm guessing this kit might void any warranty on the headlights?
Old 08-07-2012, 11:36 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Headlight Installation Question...

After installing our headlight kits you can have a hazy appearance for a short time (approx a week). The hazy appearance will be due to excess moisture that is trapped beneath the film. As time progresses the haziness will begin to dissipate as the excess moisture will burn off from the heat of your headlights running at night.

As for your installer, it reads like that he might of had a hard time installing the film correctly and left glue marks behind as he was stretching film across the surface.

I will look into Porsche's concerns and post back when I have an answer from the manufacturer. As for now I dont have an answer for your last question.

Quick Reply: XPEL Headlight Protection Kit Installation Video