Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any photos of DBM w/red leather?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:57 PM
kbalch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any photos of DBM w/red leather?

As the title says, I'm searching for any photos showing Dark Blue Metallic over natural red leather. I've been planning on the Yachting Blue interior, but lately I keep hearing the siren call of the red.

Might as well include pics of Guards Red over Yachting Blue, too. I'm kind of feeling the contrast today vs. monochrome.

I've probably just about worn out the configurator trying various combinations. Just when I think I've settled on a 'final' config, I think of something else. It's going to be at least another 6-8 weeks before I can pull the trigger, so I'm sure my specs will continue to evolve.

Thanks for the pics, if anyone's got them... :-)

Ken

Last edited by kbalch; 08-04-2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Additional color combo...
Old 08-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 219 Posts

I've seen a couple of 997s in blue over red leather and while not as "bad" as some might think, there are definitely better combos IMO,....silver, black, white, agate, etc all are better with red leather. Red on blue would be a major no-no in my book for a coupe, and probably why you won't find many pictures of it.

I really like the blue interior as I had it on my past Cayman, very rich and different.

Have you thought about something "paint-to-sample"? One of favorite all time combinations is Polar Silver (bright silver with a touch of blue hint) on Yachting Blue with carbon fiber interior bits. Man that is sweet!

I know what you mean, maddening process for sure!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:40 PM
evio
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 47 Posts

Rocket boy I did that same spec, Polar silver with the yachting blue guts 7 speed. I did not do any carbon , felt it might be to much. It took a whole year to get it .I traded in a 2004 c4s cab and I wanted the first 2013 instead of 2012. The custom color is great and worth the 5500 and long wait.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by evio
Rocket boy I did that same spec, Polar silver with the yachting blue guts 7 speed. I did not do any carbon , felt it might be to much. It took a whole year to get it .I traded in a 2004 c4s cab and I wanted the first 2013 instead of 2012. The custom color is great and worth the 5500 and long wait.
Bravo, good work, one of my all time faves. I just can't wait that long! I wish Porsche would off it as at least a "special color" again. One of two or three colors I would ever pay $3k or more for.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:55 PM
evio
Instructor

Rocket boy what carbon would you get with that combo?
Old 08-04-2012, 06:01 PM
kbalch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Despite my flirtation with Guards, I'm about 98% sure (today) that I'll go with DBM. I've seen it in person and the metal flake really looks great in the sun. I like the Yachting Blue, though I'm going to ask about doing a 'leather to sample' in a slightly darker blue (navy?) that more closely matches both the DBM and the appearance of Yachting Blue in the configurator, which is a bit darker than it shows in the flesh.

In any case, I'm going to try to get natural leather. My big questions at this point (still waiting to hear in the leather thread) are: will Porsche do natural leather in standard colors; and, if one gets natural leather, are all of the other optioned leather additions also natural?

So, regarding just the aesthetics, I'm thinking of dark blue on blue, with mahogany trim (though I'd prefer a redder wood (cherry?) more like the appearance of mahogany in the configurator), and red belts. The performance options are completely settled.

Now, if the adaptive cruise control becomes available, I'll grab that, too. :-)

Ken
Old 08-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Rocket boy what carbon would you get with that combo?
For the 991, just about everything offered. Dash trim strips, steering wheel & gear shift surround. Something about CF that just looks great with the blue, at least IMO.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:12 PM
evio
Instructor

Rocket boy I agree but I already had 6000 in options with the paint and power steering on a base car and did not want to push it with 10000 in options. I might as well get the S so I stuck pretty basic. That was my thought.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:18 PM
evio
Instructor

Rocket boy what other special colors would you pay extra for?
Old 08-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Rocket boy what other special colors would you pay extra for?
Two colors from the 90's

Amazon Green (a bluish green, fantastic in person)
Iris Blue (Blue with a very, very slight bit of purple thrown in)

Both would look exceptional on a 991 IMO....
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Any photos of DBM w/red leather?